Mall Hours and Holidays

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
I'm working in a mall that opened at 6 a.m. and closes at 11 p.m. for holidays. These hours completely suck for a retail job but I guess nothing beats sitting @ work and reading forums. It takes me like 45 minutes to do the closing process though so that completely sucks. Do any of you work extended hours for holidays? How bad do they suck?
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2006
    Help wanted ads?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• swerve
    edited December 2006
    haha... job pays too good and reaps too many great benefits for part time.

not mad @ the job but more or less the mall management for thinking it is a good idea to stay open till 11.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    They wouldn't do it if they weren't making money. It sucks as a young employee, but I bet we've all been there. They're paying you to be there that long, so might as well make the best of it.

Good luck. :)
  • swerve
    edited December 2006
    It's all good though b/c I'll most likely get jumped when I go out to my car by the creepy janitor.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    Oh please.

I worked as a mall cop for years and my wife works in a retail store in a mall now.

Working in a mall rules. Nice clean and comfortable environment with plenty of great looking women walking around.

You could always have a job loading trucks.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited December 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Oh please.

I worked as a mall cop for years and my wife works in a retail store in a mall now.

Working in a mall rules. Nice clean and comfortable environment with plenty of great looking women walking around.

You could always have a job loading trucks.
    i was **** out of 30 dollars in commission tonight b/c the credit desk was closed. that sucks a lot... i'm not really pissed though b/c i make some good loot there.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited December 2006
    Yep the holidays seem to be harsh on everyone in a retail envrionment. The evil people I work for have me working Sunday morning (8am to 430pm) and then graveyard shifts monday to thursday (1030pm to 7am). If they keep treating me like this I sure as hell won't stick around very long.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2006
    Lowe's is running from 4am to 11pm every single day of the week minus Sundays, where they close at 9pm. With the doors opening at 0630hrs, it's always crazy.

This is why I'm trying to get outta retail. The hours completely suck for a family guy. I want a M-F daytime hours job!!! :D:D

And ya, what Mac said... the client
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier