Truely, A Stand-Up Polker!!!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Billy B. (LibertyC) is a downright stand-up guy. :cool: :D

Last week at our Polky meeting at Phil's (pearsall001) Billy volunteered his work van to help me move our stuff into our new home. True to his word Billy showed up today smiling and laid back as usuall.:D

As it turns out UHAUL screwed us again (10 millionth time) :mad: and didn't have the 24 foot truck we reserved this morning (7:00 AM). As a matter of fact they didn't have a truck at all for us:mad: . . .we made the reservations atleast 3 weeks ago:confused: . We had to settle for a 16' truck from Penske that we lucked out had just come in when we checked. So after emptying out the storage bin, clearing out all of Phyllisann's belongings from her mom's and clearing out all my stuff I was also storing at my brothers home. . . we didn't have enough room for my SRS 1.2 TLs or for that matter any of my audio gear/racks new, used or old.:(

Billy to the rescue.:D Billy shows up with a cleaned out van inwhich we loaded the (very carefully I might add) 1.2 TLs and all the rest of the gear. I want to add that he lives 40 minutes away (Levitown PA) from South PHilly

When we arrived at the house in Newark Delaware, Billy jumped right in with the three 24 year olds (thank goodness for my older son also) and unloaded the truck, a van and two SUVs we had loaded up and then very carefully unloaded the really important stuff in his van.

Billy went way above and beyond to help me and my wife out.

Thanks Billy you are a great guy!!! Mi Casa Su Casa!!! I have some things up my sleeve to give as a thank you.

Here is a picture of Billy with the big boys!!!
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    WTG Billy! Joe, I'm glad you got all of your stuff moved into your new home without incident!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    HA HAAAA!!!

Look at me next to the big boys! I'm glad everything went well today with the move, and just as glad I was able to help. Joe you and your family have a very nice home. I can't wait until your 2ch system is up and running. I always available if you need a hand with anything else.

Now to go rest my back...
    The pain is not from the 1.2's but from that friggin heavy as hell sofa.

I have to go find my painkillers.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    Way cool. I'm glad it worked out for you guys.

Billy you are the man...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Billy, you da man!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    Way to go Billy! Booyah! Congrats on the move Joe! You guys have a regular Polk nation in eastern PA, Jersey/DE area.
    Carl

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    Yup, this is the best forum with the best people on the internet!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    Way to go Billy. Nice to see polkies help eachother out. Joe congrats on getting into the new home. Hope to hear those bad boys somday.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited December 2006
    Joe,Glad to see that you are finally going to have a place to set-up all that gear thats been sittin around soo long.

Enjoy your new home and your new friendship...atta boy Billy
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    HA HAAAA!!!

Look at me next to the big boys! I'm glad everything went well today with the move, and just as glad I was able to help. Joe you and your family have a very nice home. I can't wait until your 2ch system is up and running. I always available if you need a hand with anything else.

Now to go rest my back...
    The pain is not from the 1.2's but from that friggin heavy as hell sofa.

I have to go find my painkillers.

Sorry Billy I didn't know that you hurt your back until around Midnight last night. Me and Phyllisann were talking about what a great help (and great guy) you were and it was then that she told me she saw you wincing in pain from that friggin old **** couch. . . I wish you didn't get hurt, but what makes me feel real bad is that it was that friggin couch.:mad:

Your a good dude Billy, I hope it doesn't interfere with work.

Heart Felt Thanks,
    Joe & Phyllisann
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    Don't worry about me Joe. How is the rest of the crew?

My back is not that bad today...just a little stiff.

My lower abs are sore too, and it looks like it time to get back to the gym.

When are you building your audio rack and heating the Adcoms up?
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    Don't worry about me Joe. How is the rest of the crew?

My back is not that bad today...just a little stiff.

My lower abs are sore too, and it looks like it time to get back to the gym.

When are you building your audio rack and heating the Adcoms up?

Well I don't know how the "kids" are doing today but I can tell you this, I hardly did any lifting or carrying yesterday and I am crippled today. . . man the 50s sure do change your body.

Anywoooo we will probably be fully in the new home and living there within the next two weeks. That is probably when Phyllisann won't be breaking my stones about spending too much time on my rig rather than the house.:D

She gave me a little flak on the way back about "caring" more about my gear getting moved than the rest of the contents.:mad: Well yeah . . . the "contents" combined don't cost as much as my preamp & tonearm:eek: . . . duh. . . and the "contents" are easily replaced, . . . duh . . . 1.2 TLs are NOT easily replaced, but she doesn't get that.:confused:

Oh well isn't that what they mean by WAF!!!

I'm glad you are just stiff today. . . that is a load off my mind.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    great story.

The first Polkies I met in person happened because I volunteered to help some "guy I met on an audio web site" move. (burdette & Hbomb)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    That's an outstanding gesture. Good karma bud!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    WTG, Polkies helping each other out is what makes this such a great place be a part of.

Nice of you Billy to help out a fellow Polkie.

Joe congrats on the move to the new house.

SRS's are not light in weight ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    WTG, Polkies helping each other out is what makes this such a great place be a part of.

Nice of you Billy to help out a fellow Polkie.

Joe congrats on the move to the new house.

SRS's are not light in weight ;)

You are correct Al they had two very well built, 23 year olds who are in great shape huffing and puffing.

By the way congrats on your SRSs not sounding like **** anymore. . . by the way besides a **** what else does **** sound like?:D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    That was awesome of you Billy to do that! Way to go man!!!
    No excuses!
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited December 2006
    Well, here's a big thumbs up to Billy. A true polkster.:)