westboro baptist church folk almost get a beatdown

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
remember these guys? the ones that protest Soldiers funerals saying they died because America tolerates ****, or something incoherent like that. aaaaanyway, I allways wonderred why there hasnt been an incident where they were attacked

apparently there was one. They got out, luckily for them.

for your viewing pleasure

http://www.jokeroo.com/extremevideos/westboro_baptist_church_incident.html
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    There isn't a whole lot that boils my blood, and gets me really angry.

That group of dunderheads is one.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    In the early days we used to mess with them, and they did get their asses kicked on occasion. Then they started carrying videocameras everytime they picketed, so we had to stop (also, half of the Phelps are lawyers).
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2006
    terrorists. that's what they are. fundamentalist, extremist terrorists.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    BIZILL wrote:
    terrorists. that's what they are. fundamentalist, extremist terrorists.

AGREED:mad:

Terrorism on a psychological level, if not physical. After the loss of a loved one, who's to say which is worse?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2006
    Just wait until it they have a funeral of their own. It's going to get real ugly.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    They came to protest here at Ft. Huachuca about a month ago for a soldier killed in Iraq. The local tv stations never even mentioned them. I thought that was a classy move. No air time, no mention, nothing. Like they were never there. That's the way you beat these ****-clowns. No coverage.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Right on. Absolutely brilliant move by your local media (even if it is bad for business...)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    In the early days we used to mess with them, and they did get their asses kicked on occasion. Then they started carrying videocameras everytime they picketed, so we had to stop (also, half of the Phelps are lawyers).

the cameras protect against a small group of attackers, but against a mob? the camera's effectiveness drops considerably, as you can see in the above video. who broke the window? I dunno.

besides, thats what God invented the skimask, gloves, and fake mustache for :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    they show up to antagonize (sp) people.. they are against everything.. even America?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, they believe God wants soldiers dead because of homosexuality.
    These protesters are probably the most deplorable group of people to ever walk the earth.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    It was pretty cool when about 250 bikers with flag covered motorcycles showed up to convoy with the hearse from the post chapel to the National Cememtary on the Fort. They had gotten wind that these morons would be on-hand.

It was something to see, motorcycles lined up 4 or 5 football fields of length.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited December 2006
    Thats NOT Christianity!!!!!! They need to simply disappear.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • Vanhool
    Vanhool Posts: 58
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, that was funny, they fricken hightailed it out of there. I really wish people like that wouldn't mar the name of Christianity with their beliefs. I mean, God says not to hate, yet they say God hates America? But w/e theyll get what comes to em someday.
    Van

{HT, in the works}
    Polk-M10
    MTX-SW2
    Pioneer-VSX-516-k
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2006
    i'd enjoy being one of the persons in disguise. i'd hurdle rocks at them from afar. cowardly of me to do that? well, i'd love to disperse their crowd without going to jail over it. sorry, but if i ever, ever come across that sort of display they put on........it's guaranteed i won't watch quietly. that is some evil **** right there.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2006
    **** the media and the group's lawyers. how in the eff do people let these groups get away with that shitt? if a friend or relative of mine died and i was at their funeral with this going on, i'd lose it and start breaking skulls. how are people gonna just go do this shitt unchecked? why have there not been any real beat-downs??? it's a comin'.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • PolkThug
    edited December 2006
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Wow... they actually managed to ooze a little farther into the stinking cesspool that is their existence. This goes so far beyond evil and hate and moral depravity. This is unthinkable and unfathomable. How can you even wrap your brain around the actions of these monsters?

You might think "insanity", but all of 'em? There's something more to it...
    Let's hope Karma thins their herd a bit.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    I'll take Karma in the form of a hand grenade substituted for a rock any time.

We caught their act live in the Gage Park area of Topeka, KS this past summer. My sister was driving and gave me the heads-up a block early, so I got to hang out the window and get my heathen on pretty good. Sure hope I made their "best of" home videos list for the year!
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited December 2006
    No coverage is the best solution or method to deal with this group.

I wonder if one of the cops that saved their asses was **** and they found out what would be their reaction.
  • PolkThug
    edited December 2006
    bikezappa wrote:
    I wonder if one of the cops that saved their asses was **** and they found out what would be their reaction.

They would picket the cop (and they have). Keep in mind these jackasses have been doing this crap in Topeka for at least 20 years. Back in '93 when a Topeka police Sargeant was paralyzed from a stroke, they picketed outside the hospital for months holding up signs that the cop was a ****, etc. The officer even had a wife and kids!!
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2006
    And they probably wonder why people are atheists :rolleyes:
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006

Jesus Christ is LORD of Karma . . . that herd of garbage will be part of the 1/3rd of humanity that gets tossed into the LAKE OF FIRE along with the beast.

Those animals get Baptists and Christians in general a very bad rap.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2006
    Protesting at a funeral?that is about as tasteless as it gets.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    The bikers and Steeler fans keep them away from soldiers funerals around here. They usually send a scout, who high tails it out when they see the Harleys and the Black and Gold.
    Carl

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    These people are filth and the world would be a better place if they were all dead!

We had a Marine from Chattanooga killed in action in Iraq a few months back and these absoulte pieces of human filth showed up and were going to protest.

That is until they found out that about 200 Patriot Guards showed up on their Harleys!
    I drove out to the cemetary and stood on the side of the road to pay my respects to the funeral as it drove by and to add my 250 pounds to the fight if any of these scum actually did show up. Fortunately none did.

I can also tell you that these Patriot Guards deserve our love and respect as well. As I was driving off and thru the hundreds of bikers parked on the side of the cemetary with American flags flying on their bikes, Im not to proud to admit it choked me up.

God bless America, our troops and the Patriot Guard Riders!

http://www.patriotguard.org/
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    It's sad that these peoples right to say what they do is defended by what they protest against. Our soldiers are willing to die to defend that freedom, they ought to think about that.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    I maintain that they do not have a right to do what theyre doing.

I dont have a right to come into your house and yell and scream. They dont have a right to disrupt a private ceremony.

This is just another example of how much better a world this would be if physical violence were legal!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    Didn't mean to imply that they had the freedom to physically disrupt a funeral or intrude on others peace and well-being. Only that they do have the freedom to think the way they do and enjoy the freedom of speech to protect those thoughts. As far as I am concerned interupting a funeral should be considered an act of aggression for which a response is covered under self-defense.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC