Holiday shopping "comfort food"

Polk65
Polk65 Posts: 1,405
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
The other day I read a sales ad from a well known retailer and went hunting. The first store claimed to be an "express" location and did not carry the sale item. Stores number two and three were "level 1" locations (where even batteries are locked up) and they never received the item. Store number four received a quantity of two but were sold out. I drove 20 miles to the next store and got what I was looking for.

During the drive two navigators cut me off from the middle lane to make right turns, another pulled a rookie manuever driving the wrong way into a one way street and everyone was changing lanes w/o signalling. I thought of Granpa Simpson shouting "quiet". :(

On the way home I decided to grab some comfort food. A cup of Nation's chili rocks my world so this night I ordered two. Then there was the fuzzy moment of adding 7-8 spoonfuls of jalapeno's...

Anyway, two day's later I am still tooting fire.
Post edited by Polk65 on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2006
    you might wanna get that looked at
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2006
    What was the sale item...?
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    Antec 500w psu at staples. Not their best but $59 + tax out the door.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, the holidays seem to make almost every day like Sunday. Sunday all the grandma's who don't drive during the week suddenly flood the roads and make driving a nightmare. The day after Thanksgiving, this becomes EVERY day, until about the second week in January.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2006
    nice price..... it took me 3 power supplies before I found one adequate enough to run my computer. Finally settled on a 700w OCZ unit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

I actually have been looking to build another computer specifically just to hold music to play on my home theater. Just a small project that hasn't turned larger than a Microsoft Excel document yet.

Nice buy though on you're part. I should be looking for things like that for my music machine.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Yeah, the holidays seem to make almost every day like Sunday. Sunday all the grandma's who don't drive during the week suddenly flood the roads and make driving a nightmare. The day after Thanksgiving, this becomes EVERY day, until about the second week in January.

hey man lay off my grandma, shes 83!

;)

haha jk, shes 83 and she still drives, quite fast I might add, even my mom tells her to slow down. She goes out almost everyday to target, ac moore, kohls, walmart, aj wright, building 19, she loves shopping its rediculous.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    I'm sure there's some 83-year-olds that can drive, but the ones I notice certainly can't. Stop sticking up for your grandma, and start being a good grandson and driving her around :D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I'm sure there's some 83-year-olds that can drive, but the ones I notice certainly can't. Stop sticking up for your grandma, and start being a good grandson and driving her around :D

haha she lives in everett right now and im up in north reading. i've taken her around before but she shops sooooooooo slow, checking the prices on everything. Even if its something she doesnt need, but it is a good price she buys it and gives it to one of her sons or daughters or grandchildren.

If you see a grey 89 volvo buzzing around everett dont forget to wave :)