The pool is coming along...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Well, they started a month early on our pool and have excavated, run plumbing, installed the pump and filter. I'll post pics next week. The yard looks like world war III, luckily it's small and easily put back upon completion. The pool is a kidney bean shape, 30' x 18' x 8', with a 3.5' shallow end and a 6' deep end. There will be a natural rock waterfall about 4' high. We also went with salt water chlorination, so I'm excited to see how that works out.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2006
    steveinaz wrote:
    Well, they started a month early... The yard looks like world war III

Know the feeling sorry to jump in with a picture first, hope you can relate.

BTW love to salt system make maintenance a breeze. I also added a turbo fish also a floating fish thing that helps with water evaporation, helps with needed water adds during this time of year for me. Lowing my maintenance needs even lower ;)

479yovt.jpg

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Great deal Steve.. keep us posted.

FWIW my dad went the salt water route and is still grinning ear to ear....
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Wait... does that mean the pool is salt water? Like the ocean, salt water? I've never heard of this; someone explain, I'm intrigued...
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2006
    Not that salty just about you body eye level.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    disneyjoe7 wrote:

What?????? :)

Edit: ok, got it with steveinaz post below....it's just that this sentence didn't make any sense for me :o

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Wait... does that mean the pool is salt water? Like the ocean, salt water? I've never heard of this; someone explain, I'm intrigued...

Most SWG (salt water generators) run at a max of 3,500ppm. The ocean is typically 35,000ppm. The human eye has a salinity of about 9,500ppm. This is why salt water generated chlorine pools are actually eaiser on your eyes and skin. The salinity rate is much closer to our body chemistry. The water has a softer feel to it as well, and helps combat algae growth (though does NOT eliminate it).

The cool thing is, ANY pool can be converted easily. No draining necessary, you just stop using granulated/tablet chlorine, and let the SWG generate the chlorine gas for santizing. Salt only gets "lost" out of the water by splash-out, as salt does not evaporate, so salt replacement is very minimal, if needed at all.

Keep in mind, you're still using chlorine, just in a different form. The saltwater from the pool is passed thru the SWG elements which have an electrical charge, this charge releases chlorine gas from the salt and is returned to the pool on the "clean" side of filtration.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    Hmph, fascinating. Thanks for the explanation.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    steveinaz wrote:
    Most SWG (salt water generators) run at a max of 3,500ppm. The ocean is typically 35,000ppm. The human eye has a salinity of about 9,500ppm. This is why salt water generated chlorine pools are actually eaiser on your eyes and skin. The salinity rate is much closer to our body chemistry. The water has a softer feel to it as well, and helps combat algae growth (though does NOT eliminate it).

The cool thing is, ANY pool can be converted easily. No draining necessary, you just stop using granulated/tablet chlorine, and let the SWG generate the chlorine gas for santizing. Salt only gets "lost" out of the water by splash-out, as salt does not evaporate, so salt replacement is very minimal, if needed at all.

Keep in mind, you're still using chlorine, just in a different form. The saltwater from the pool is passed thru the SWG elements which have an electrical charge, this charge releases chlorine gas from the salt and is returned to the pool on the "clean" side of filtration.

Can you use this in an above ground pool?
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2006
    Yes, provided your pool manufacturer has no specific warnings about salt; I don't think any do...

Hit Yahoo and search "Salt Water chlorinators" there's tons of info out there.
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited December 2006
    We also put a pool in recently. It was ready in late August so we only got to use it for a short time before we had to close it up for the winter. We went with the salt water and love it. Everyone that came for a swim commented on how nice it was to not have the strong smell of chlorine. If you have children I hope they will enjoy it as much as mine did, they were in the pool in the morning and stayed there until dinner time. It will be along winter looking out into the back yard at the pool waiting for the snow to melt. Good luck with your construction and hope you enjoy your pool as much as we do.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2006
    i was gonna bring up your old thread and ask you just how in the heck things were coming along, steve. i'm faced with a swamp for a pool right now. chlorine lock. and instead of draining, acid washing and refilling, i'm thinking of just pebbletec'ing the whole damn thing.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2006
    We also put a pool in recently. It was ready in late August so we only got to use it for a short time before we had to close it up for the winter. We went with the salt water and love it. Everyone that came for a swim commented on how nice it was to not have the strong smell of chlorine. If you have children I hope they will enjoy it as much as mine did, they were in the pool in the morning and stayed there until dinner time. It will be along winter looking out into the back yard at the pool waiting for the snow to melt. Good luck with your construction and hope you enjoy your pool as much as we do.

Nice pool you have. We're pretty excited. Southern Arizona has a good long pool season and this should be completed by April, latest. Our grandkids will love it, there all part fish I think...
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2006
    disneyjoe7 wrote:

Sorry all that this message was a bit short and confusing to some who didn't know jack about salt systems. ;) I was in a hurry as I was home rushing back to work as a pest control guy messed me up this morning. I can't see this forum or anything Polk or Audio due to companies internet blocking, so more of a rush to post something to explain it without the time together facts.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer