No more music

audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited December 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
That's right. There'll most likely be no more music in my ride for the rest of the year. :eek: I don't know how I'll manage to live with that. Guess I'll have to buy a boombox to put in the passenger seat. No, wait...I've already got one; cool! :D

Why? Why no more music?

Well, my Jeep developed some kind of a leak somewhere, and I noticed that my interconnects that were laying in the floorboard under my feet were also laying in water. :(

So, anyhoo, Wednesday night I took the driver's seat and the molding out and pulled up the carpet, rolled down the windows, and left it in the garage with a fan blowing in it. This of course necessitated that I take the amp under the driver's seat out. And the distro block that was mounted right beside it.

I just put my Jeep back together today, and with all the talk of selling it, I just decided to leave the amp out. I also pulled out the HU to take out the RCA's and REM wire. I also took out all the power wire all the way back to the fuse at the battery. The HU is still in the dash, and I can see what time it is (shoot, I can even change radio stations!), but I don't get any sound. I figured since it's just for a month, I'd rather listen to the roadnoise than worry with hooking the mids back up to the wiring harness (which I probably mutilated anyways).

So, I guess now I'll be bundling up extra tight this winter so I can ride down the road with my windows down so I can hear my exhaust. :D

P.S. I'll be starting a WTB thread here shortly, looking for a CHEAP HU and front speakers to throw in the Jeep when/if I do sell it.
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2006
    you dont have the factory radio?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    Nope. I was too excited about my new HU when the shop installed to think about my old radio...and they kept it. :(

Oh well, I can get a LOT better HU for cheap (I hope!). That'll make the next owner MUCH happier.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520