Thoughts & Prayers

aaharvel
aaharvel Posts: 4,489
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
My best friend's sister Sarah whom I have both known for 15 years (since she was 6) has stage IV melanoma and has been given a prognosis of 2-4 weeks to live by Duke physicians. Since Wednesday, she has suffered two seizures due to bleeding tumors in her brain. What was once a 129lb. track star for North Wilkes High is now an 80lb. bedridden girl.

Both her and her husband of just over two years, Randy were serving overseas (she in England/he in Saudi Arabia) at the time of the catch. To make matters worse, he is set to for deployment to Iraq sometime between Jan-March. They have a little girl who is 19 months old, Stephanie, and to add extra insult to injury, it's Christmas.

Be thankful for what you have this holiday season. I am.
H/K Signature 2.1+235
Jungson MagicBoat II
Revel Performa M-20
Velodyne cht-10 sub
Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
Post edited by aaharvel on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    My thoughts go out to Sarah, her parents, as well as Stephanie and your friend.

I'll definitely add them to my prayer list.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2006
    in our prayers
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited December 2006
    Things like this do make you feel thankful for what you have. I will certainly remember all of them in my prayers this evening.

Cindy
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2006
    A small miracle would be good right about now.....prayers out to her.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    theres gotta be a way for the hubby to get out of that deployment! I'd call that a special circumstance to put it lightly.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2006
    My family's thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. Makes you really think about what is really important in life...
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2006
    Thoughts & prayers sent out. Yes, being thankful is the operative word.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    theres gotta be a way for the hubby to get out of that deployment! I'd call that a special circumstance to put it lightly.

Randy needs to get in touch with the Red Cross. Specifically, the Armed Forces Emergency Services.

"If you need Emergency Military Assistance please contact a caseworker at 1-877-915-4357 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Web Site:

http://hot.redcross.org/AFES.html

The Red Cross carries a LOT of weight in matters such as this.

He should also speak with his command officer, of course. I'd recommend that Randy contact the Red Cross first, than inform his command officer of the situation and the fact that the Red Cross is involved.

With the situation as described, Randy will not go overseas.

The Red Cross may also provide financial assistance.

In the meantime, may Sarah's journey be peaceful and may Randy's load be lessened.
    Sal Palooza
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    Thoughts and prayers for her and her family. Hopefully her husband can get out of the deployment.
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited December 2006
    My thoughts and prayers are with this family.
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Our thoughts and prayers are with them. What an awful thing to happen to anyone not to mention the circumstances.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    They have our thoughts and prayers.
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited December 2006
    They are in my prayers.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    Prayers sent, sorry bud.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited December 2006
    Yes send her husband home NOW!! My God this happens every x-mas.
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    Very sorry to hear that; our prayers are with her and her family.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Thoughts and prayers sent to all involved....
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited December 2006
    hey just an update that Sarah died early yesterday morning - basically when the doctors had predicted - thank you for all of your thoughts.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    So very sad! Thoughts and prayers out to the family and to you. Hang in there and do what you can for them. I hear things like this and it brings back memories of my mom passing back in September '95 from cancer. It was tough, but especially around the holidays.
    No excuses!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    edited December 2006
    Very sad to hear of this. My prayers go out to her husband and young child. I can't imagine my baby being without his mother at such a young age. Just tragic.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    Sorry to hear that man. God bless.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited December 2006
    I guess I'm just wierd...

Stuff like this doesn't make me any more thankful for what I have than I already am...it just makes me more pissed off and sad
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    Her family needs our prayers even more now.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    My deepest heartfelt condolences to you and Sara's family.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Tragic...
    Even more thoughts and prayers sent to those involved. Not that there is ever a good time for events such as these, but Christmas...

It breaks the heart.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    Sorry to hear about Sarah's passing. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    My condolences.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    my condolences to the family. I hope Randy got the ball rolling on getting out of that deplyment.

at least the suffering has ended, there's a blessing in there somewhere.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2006
    Except for Sarah being past the suffering, that is so very, very sad.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    sorry to hear that; hope everything turns out well for her child.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman