December Issue Affordable$$Audio

markmarc
markmarc Posts: 2,309
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Affordable$$Audio is pleased to announce that the December issue is now available for free download at: http://www.affordableaudio.org

Checkout the cover rig photo and the review of the LSi7's.

Special articles on the science behind speaker break-in and A$$A list of the best reviewed components of 2006.

Thanks for reading!!
Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
Former Staff Member TONEAudio
2 Ch. System
Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
Post edited by markmarc on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    As always, good work!

Typo on page 11:

"We use this use this woofer in a .39 cubic foot"
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    As always, Mark....

excellent, excellent work.

Gotta love all the shout-out's to Polk and Club Polk.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • markmarc
    edited December 2006
    It was a good month for Polk. I'm going to try and land an interview with Matt himself for a future issue.
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited December 2006
    Perfect timing too, seeing as how there was an article on speaker break in what with all the debate about it around here lately. ;)
  • markmarc
    edited December 2006
    There's been a far bigger debate going on in Steve Hoffman's audio forum. between the two, I got the inspiration to find Danny Richie's work. He was more than willing to let me publish it.
    2 Ch. System
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited December 2006
    As usual, an excellent issue.

Mark, you should consider adding head-fi.org to your list of audiophile forums. These guys are quite fanatical about headphone listening and everything connected to it (sorry for the pun). There's also a section fanatics with speakers as well (big discussion on the $50.00 Insignia/Best Buy speaker). Please check it out.
  • markmarc
    edited December 2006
    Danny:
    They are on the list for inclusion in my monthly directory. One of my writers informed me of them as well.
    2 Ch. System
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    Great issue as always.