Quick Visit

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
I got home from work last night and 5 minutes later Troy and Dave (DAGLJAM) are at the front door. Dave is a large man. Stephie was already preparing something for dinner, but took Troy up on his offer to buy pizza at Russo's. So we went to Russo's, got a great pie that had a perfect crust, and dropped Stephie off at babysitting. Then Troy and Dave headed north on The Turnpike to see Lou. A nice visit. Got a call from Jesse right after they left. He was looking for them. I don't know if he found them cause I fell asleep.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    But at least you woke up.

Excellent news, I am glad to hear Frodo and his trusted friend passed your way to share some pie. I suspect upon their return to the warm bosom of the deep South they will have some rather large items in tow, but its just a suspicion.

RT1
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Dave is gargantuan.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    All I got was a fly-by. I think they finally made it to Transylvania to crash early this A.M. and are hauling **** to get ahead of the heavy rain and severe thunderstorms headed this way.

Have a safe journey amigos!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2006
    I let Dave think he could eat more pizza than I could.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2006
    Well, after that meal I would venture to say the ride North was nothing if not aromic.

RT1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    The wandering duo arrived about 2:30am, we listened to a few CD's and hit the hay. Troy's new speakers look a bit like DQ-10's on their side. They had to get on the road this morning, so unfortunately I didn't get to listen to them.

Always a pleasure guys, have a safe trip and hope to see you again real soon.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    No wonder Troy didn't answer my PM.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    the visit with me was short, but pretty cool. Troy was on a mission with a tight schedule :D

I learned a few things during the visit.

1) despite myself and Dave's large size, laboring an AR9 down my basement steps was still a b*tch!!!

2) there is no direct correlation between price of speaker and weight. I could juggle those quads by myself, UNLIKE the AR9's, frikkin lead weights that they are.

3) its good to have a big strong friend when you go on any speaker related Audio adventure. Troy's speaker buddy and my speaker buddy share the same first name Dave (Daglam for Troy, Fireman 32 for me). The similariities end at the names. Daglam could lift a ton, Fireman32 looked at the AR9's and blew a disk in his back. In his defence, he did a splendid job opening and closing the doors, and keeping my dog and kitties in the house. Way to go tiger!!! :D

Oh, did I mention I have a pair of AR9's in my house now? Still paying with them, but these things are all about the **** kickery. I'll have a post comparing these to the Carver Platinums sometime soon. And yes, I have the same speaker lineup as George now. He allways was my hero, and there is nothing wrong emulating a hero (especially when you like the same stuff :) )
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2006
    Rock On ain't CP Grand.

RT1
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited December 2006
    Up early this a.m.. What a trip, hashed this one out with BDT not 12 hours before we left thursday morning. Best summed up by Troy on the last leg into Charleston "1600+ miles in 41 hours......not bad". Felt like a college road trip, really sorry that we missed a few of you but circumstances were what they were (Mike there is consolation gift at Chateau Jesse though). Mark a big thanks for going above and beyond with the meet up. Jesse as always a pleasure to see you again and get my ears on the big rig this time 'round.
    Lou, thanks also for the hospitality and invite to stay, how late did you stay up listening to the AR9's before the authorities had to be called?? George what can you say ,finally met the man himself ,an absolutely gracious host. (BTW beautiful home loved the addition). BDT, i'm sure will have more to say later, but i'm betting he's still in Zzzz-land.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Sorry you couldn't make it by. Sandy was more disappointed than I--she actually likes you guys. Go figure? ;)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2006
    WHEW! What a TRIP.

It has been a LONG week, my friends....First Vegas and then a road trip of epic proportions. I'm spent.

It was GREAT to see old friends...I got to stop by Casa Grande (I was thinking it's been 2 yrs since I've been on Buckingham Dr) to visit one of the all time great families for far too short of time.....then on up to Lou's...short tay at Hotel V...rubbed my dingus on Mark's work truck....and back. GREAT to see everyone.

The only BAD thing about having so many CP friends is that on a trip up 95...there just isn't enough time to visit everyone!! To Mike and Antny....it was certainly NOT a slight by design. I'd like nothing more to have imposed on you all but time constraints being what they were....rest assured there is another trip soon though.

Anyhow, I did want to say thanks to everyone, especially Dave. No way Ida humped those AR9's myself.

I also got to ride in the White Shark to Russo's for possibly the best slice on the planet...WOOHOO!!

You guys ROCK.

Ok, I got Quads heating up and I need a nap.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Here's the link to Sheldon Stokes Quad-based site, have fun:

http://www.quadesl.com/
  • TroyD
    edited December 2006
    Awesome, thanks!

BTW, we like Sandy better too (plus she's much easier on the eyes). Whoda thunk it?

;)

BDT
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2006
    DAGLJAM6 wrote:
    Lou, thanks also for the hospitality and invite to stay, how late did you stay up listening to the AR9's before the authorities had to be called??

anytime brotha, mi casa es su casa.

how late? hmmmm, lets just say I'm glad I know alot of cops in this town. Those AR9's were just made to rock out hard. Having a blast with these things.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    3) its good to have a big strong friend when you go on any speaker related Audio adventure. Troy's speaker buddy and my speaker buddy share the same first name Dave (Daglam for Troy, Fireman 32 for me). The similariities end at the names. Daglam could lift a ton, Fireman32 looked at the AR9's and blew a disk in his back. In his defence, he did a splendid job opening and closing the doors, and keeping my dog and kitties in the house. Way to go tiger!!! :D

Anytime I can help open the door im there for you bud. Yea my back is a horror show but i do what i can. Troy and Dave great to see you guys again. The AR9's man they rock I'm glad i can go over to Lou's and listen to them anytime i want. There on my short list of must have's when I get a bigger place.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    Those 9's come HERE next...

BDT and Dave, no problem, brohams, I figgered as much. The door is open...
  • TroyD
    edited December 2006
    I hear you brother, I want to get an ear on your SICK Amazings setup.

BDT
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2006
    amulford wrote:
    Those 9's come HERE next...

BDT and Dave, no problem, brohams, I figgered as much. The door is open...

he he he, you gotta LOOOOONG wait son :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -