C5 Corvette install

ledhed
ledhed Posts: 1,088
edited December 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Has anybody changes out the speakers and/or headunit on a 1997-2004 corvette? My dad wants to change his speakers out but, i'm not sure if he will gain anything if he doesn't change the headunit and add an amp. Any ideas?
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Post edited by ledhed on

Comments

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2006
    speakers are always the weakest link. You should notice a difference.
  • pentavolvo
    pentavolvo Posts: 68
    edited December 2006
    I specialize in vettes, here a link to an install I did last week http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1558079

Its a very easy car to install in feel free to ask me any questions. The way there stereo works in the C5 vette is there are 3.5's in the front doors and 5.25 or 6.5's depending on the model in the rear all powered off the radio. There are amp'ed 8" subs in the doors stock.

Theres a few ways to attack things you can replace just the speakers they are a regular 4ohm with some improvement. If you replace the radio u need an interface to keep the subs in the doors.

My recommendation is if you want to keep it on the cheaper side is to get a nice quality radio rip the bose out of the door and either put in a 6.5 coaxial and run it off the radio, or do components amp em and maybe a sub
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2006
    pentavolvo wrote:
    I specialize in vettes, here a link to an install I did last week http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1558079

Its a very easy car to install in feel free to ask me any questions. The way there stereo works in the C5 vette is there are 3.5's in the front doors and 5.25 or 6.5's depending on the model in the rear all powered off the radio. There are amp'ed 8" subs in the doors stock.

Theres a few ways to attack things you can replace just the speakers they are a regular 4ohm with some improvement. If you replace the radio u need an interface to keep the subs in the doors.

My recommendation is if you want to keep it on the cheaper side is to get a nice quality radio rip the bose out of the door and either put in a 6.5 coaxial and run it off the radio, or do components amp em and maybe a sub

Thanks for all the help. Actually, your post over at Corvetteforums is the one I was looking at and figured this is what we need to do. My dad is a member on the forums (BobbyG123 I believe)

An install probably won't happen for awhile but with my dad who knows. What would be a good setup for a good price. I'm not looking for the cheapest of the cheap but my Dad doesn't need SR's or anything.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • pentavolvo
    pentavolvo Posts: 68
    edited December 2006
    Ill tell you what Polk DB's are very nice for the money. I bet those would satisfy him, and you really dont even need rear speakers unless you want them