Thanks SCompracer!

schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,335
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
I wanted to let everyone know what a great time I had a Rich’s house yesterday. I know he has a thread about my visit but his hospitality deserves a thread of its own. I’m here in Chicago for several days on business. I have been threatening Rich for months that I needed to come out and do some work with a small company Westinghouse owns in the Chicago area. I told Rich I was coming and he sent me perfect directions to his house. Rich used a vacation day for my visit! He did this because of the Chicago traffic so I wouldn’t have to deal with the long rush hour mess out of the city. And he had lunch waiting for me when I got there! Talk about going out of the way for a visitor coming to listen to some tunes and shoot the bull! Rich is a first class guy!

I got a first hand ear to his wonderful sound system consisting of the Innersound Eros MK II’s, biamped by (2) TAD-60 amps, Modwright preamp, Sony ES999 Modwright CDP and the Harmonic Technology cables. The system presents itself with a large, wonderful soundstage, deep and a nice balance of detail and clarity with warmth. I was impressed with the tight, deep bass response from these electro-stats. Rich demoed the BIA “I want my MTV” track approaching 100 dB in the room. Sounded awesome!

Norm, sorry you couldn’t play hooky from work.:( I hope to return soon. I hope to see you on my return visit. You put together a very similar system and I’m sure it sounds wonderful.

And Victor, sorry I couldn’t drop in on you my Sheng Ya pal! I hear that you are going to be coming into some of this gear soon!:D As you already know it sounds terrific! I hope I can see you soon also.

Thanks for everything Rich! I hope you can come to Pittsburgh so I can return the hospitality!
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited November 2006
    It makes me happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself Carl, and thanks for the kind words and invitation. Norm and Victor will read this and say "Hey, how come we don't get treated like that?" They ask for something and I tell them "You know where the fridge is...." :p:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2006
    Rich's an ****. Wouldn't know hospitality if it kicked him in the face.;)

J/K, Rich is one of the coolest members we have, by far.:cool:
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Thanks for everything Rich! I hope you can come to Pittsburgh so I can return the hospitality!

Whenever you do that, make sure you invite me;)

pittsburgh polkfest anyone:D
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27