Yeah! I love this guy!!

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
Ben Stein

Discuss.
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2006
    Oh my god, common sense!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Thank god someone remembers what america is really about. Room for all in the U.S. we should be glad we live in such a diverse country, not look for reasons to get insulted by someone elses culture.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    That is GRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAATT!!!!

He forgot one thing, when & why did it become a bad thing to be a Christian? Being a Christian means that I feel that we are all brothers and sisters, no matter what or who person may be. I try to practice Christian principles every day but fall short some days because I am human.

How did Merry Christmas become translated as, "you are less than me because you aren't Christian or my brand of Christian." When did being a Christian in some peoples mind become **** or facisits. I never once resented or felt threatened by someone saying, "Happy Quanza," "Happy Chanukah," or "Happy Ramandan," for goodness sakes I would reply, "Happy Quanza," "Happy Chanukah," or "Happy Ramandan" when anyone would wish me such! I certainly don't feel offended or put-off or threatend. How is it that I am made to feel as though being Christian means taking someone else's rights away from them? If I say Merry Christmas some people make it out like I am spitting in their hand.

How does Merry Christmas threaten or offend anyone. This time of year has typically (atleast since I've been alive) been Christmas time, a time of giving and thanks. It has been commercialized and the retailers make a killing at this time of year but all of a sudden they don't want to acknoweldge that they are making a killing because it is Christmas?????

Things have sure become like that song by the Yardbirds, "Over, Under, Sideways, Down!"

Merry Christmas Everyone. . . and whatever holiday you celebrate Happy _________!!!!:)
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2006
    Did I hear correctly that Wal Mart has decided to use Merry Christmas again instead of Happy Holidays.If so good on them and hopefully more retailors will wise up and follow there lead.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited November 2006
    That is GRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAATT!!!!

When did being a Christian in some peoples mind become **** or facisits. I never once resented or felt threatened by someone saying, "Happy Quanza," "Happy Chanukah," or "Happy Ramandan," for goodness sakes I would reply, "Happy Quanza," "Happy Chanukah," or "Happy Ramandan" when anyone would wish me such! I certainly don't feel offended or put-off or threatend. How is it that I am made to feel as though being Christian means taking someone else's rights away from them? If I say Merry Christmas some people make it out like I am spitting in their hand.

How does Merry Christmas threaten or offend anyone.

My thoughts exactly.

Even if one is being wished a Merry Christmas and actually doesn't celebrate Christmas, a dash of interpersonal skills can help. There is no need to get offended.
    The people who choose to get offended and make a fuss are selfish and intolerant.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited November 2006
    I wish everyone a Merry Christmas at this time of the year. If that offends you just think how you'll feel when I tell you to fu(k off.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    GV#27 wrote:
    Did I hear correctly that Wal Mart has decided to use Merry Christmas again instead of Happy Holidays.If so good on them and hopefully more retailors will wise up and follow there lead.

You heard correctly Brother. Their change of heart occured mostly because of the efforts of the American Family Association (AFA).

They (AFA) put together a petition and bombarded Wal-Mart's president with email that stated that they were being boycotted due to their stance on Christmas. When they realized how many more people were "offended" (I say affected) by Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas, they changed their tune real fast. It's amazing how much the thought of profit losses will change a "polically correct" viewpoint.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2006
    I don't understand why anybody cares if Wal-Mart says "Merry Christmas". It won't spoil my holiday cheer or stop me from having my Christmas party next weekend. If I were to actually walk into a Wal-Mart and see a sign that says "Happy Holidays" I'm not going crying to anyone.

So now Wal-Mart is using that terminology because of public pressure? To me, that makes the words not mean much coming from Wal-Mart.

I'm tired of the whiners on both sides of the fence.
    - "The word 'Christmas' offends me!" =dumb
    - "Let's boycott every business that won't say 'Christmas' " =dumb

I put up the Christmas tree here at work and I don't even believe that a human virgin female can spontaneously be impregnated by a supreme being. Crazy, huh?

Its also a little known fact that I have Christmas ornaments hanging in my cubicle year round. Hopefully, nobody will be offended that I called them 'Christmas ornaments' and not 'holiday ornaments'.

I don't even get why people are saying 'Merry Christmas' already. It's still NOVEMBER! I might as well start saying 'Happy New Year', but then 'this year' might be offended that it wasn't included in my salutation and before you know it the AFA is knocking on my door bitching about how I ruined 'this year' and they are going to boycott my Christmas party.

Eff the whiners!
  • MSALLA
    edited November 2006
    I don't care if people say merry christmas or happy holidays. I do get pissed at the fact that people want to take traditional items like a christmas tree and call it the holiday tree.The tree is part of the "christmas" holiday. I don't see anyone taking items like the menora and calling it the holiday candle holder.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    I don't understand why anybody cares if Wal-Mart says "Merry Christmas". It won't spoil my holiday cheer or stop me from having my Christmas party next weekend. If I were to actually walk into a Wal-Mart and see a sign that says "Happy Holidays" I'm not going crying to anyone.

So now Wal-Mart is using that terminology because of public pressure? To me, that makes the words not mean much coming from Wal-Mart.

I'm tired of the whiners on both sides of the fence.
    - "The word 'Christmas' offends me!" =dumb
    - "Let's boycott every business that won't say 'Christmas' " =dumb

I put up the Christmas tree here at work and I don't even believe that a human virgin female can spontaneously be impregnated by a supreme being. Crazy, huh?

Its also a little known fact that I have Christmas ornaments hanging in my cubicle year round. Hopefully, nobody will be offended that I called them 'Christmas ornaments' and not 'holiday ornaments'.

I don't even get why people are saying 'Merry Christmas' already. It's still NOVEMBER! I might as well start saying 'Happy New Year', but then 'this year' might be offended that it wasn't included in my salutation and before you know it the AFA is knocking on my door bitching about how I ruined 'this year' and they are going to boycott my Christmas party.

Eff the whiners!

You say eff the whiners, I say eff the politically correct whiners who want to force me and anyone else like me to change how I celebrate the birth of My Lord.

American Family Assoc. believes in the santity of the traditional family. Obviously you don't. That's your perogotive. I don't see where having strong traditional family values causes you to feel that that is whining. I stopped shopping at Wal-Mart because they did take Christmas out of the holiday that was making them their windfall of profit because a couple of people felt "offended & threatened" by the word Christmas. I will now resume shopping there because they changed their stance. . . my perogative. The majority of Christians do believe in the Virgin Birth. . . you don't, your perogative. So What!!! I feel strongly about Christmas the meaning of it and what the event symbolizes. I am used to people with whom I associate feeling pretty much the same way. I am not used to people being afraid to say Merry Christmas.

I don't appreciate your sarcasm about the Virgin Birth but that is your perogative too. If you want to call me a whinner then go ahead. You and I have butt heads in the past on this type of topic.

If you were in a Muslim country and said something derogatory about their beliefs you would be running for your life for the Muslim extremists. Heck if you said it publicly here or in Denmark you would be under a death threat by certain Muslem extremists. Thank God that we don't have to live in that fear here in the greatest country on God's green Earth. The funny thing is that the politically correct camp wants us to fear saying Merry Christmas . . . not much different than the other kind of fear except maybe without the death threat.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2006
    You say eff the whiners, I say eff the politically correct whiners who want to force me and anyone else like me to change how I celebrate the birth of My Lord.

American Family Assoc. believes in the santity of the traditional family. Obviously you don't. That's your perogotive. I don't see where having strong traditional family values causes you to feel that that is whining. I stopped shopping at Wal-Mart because they did take Christmas out of the holiday that was making them their windfall of profit because a couple of people felt "offended & threatened" by the word Christmas. I will now resume shopping there because they changed their stance. . . my perogative. The majority of Christians do believe in the Virgin Birth. . . you don't, your perogative. So What!!! I feel strongly about Christmas the meaning of it and what the event symbolizes. I am used to people with whom I associate feeling pretty much the same way. I am not used to people being afraid to say Merry Christmas.

I don't appreciate your sarcasm about the Virgin Birth but that is your perogative too. If you want to call me a whinner then go ahead. You and I have butt heads in the past on this type of topic.

If you were in a Muslim country and said something derogatory about their beliefs you would be running for your life for the Muslim extremists. Heck if you said it publicly here or in Denmark you would be under a death threat by certain Muslem extremists. Thank God that we don't have to live in that fear here in the greatest country on God's green Earth. The funny thing is that the politically correct camp wants us to fear saying Merry Christmas . . . not much different than the other kind of fear except maybe without the death threat.

Good luck on all your crusades to save marriage, family and Christmas.

...and Merry Christmas ya big whiner. ;):D
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    Good luck on all your crusades to save marriage, family and Christmas.

...and Merry Christmas ya big whiner. ;):D

Atta guy. . . put words in my mouth.

Merry Christmas ya big thug!!!:D
  • MSALLA
    edited November 2006
    This is starting to read like a wire or break in thread.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited November 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    I wish everyone a Merry Christmas at this time of the year. If that offends you just think how you'll feel when I tell you to fu(k off.

ROFLMAO:D :D:D
    pure perfection!!!
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2006
    I smoke, I drink, I cuss, I ride motorcycles, I shoot guns, and I'm a Catholic. I don't give a rats **** how anyone feels about that.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited November 2006
    And where the f*** did this Happy HOLIDAY thing come from? Last time I checked, December is not the only month in the year with a holiday. How about Easter or 4th of July. Ever hear anyone say Happy Holiday on the 4th of July? NO! It's usually...have a happy 4th or something like that.

For christs sake end that stupid shitting Happy Holiday stuff and get back to real traditions.

OH BOO HOO HOO, he said Merry X-mas. I'm offended so I think i'll sue and win lots of money for the terrible nightmares I have to endure!

This country needs to grow the hell up and get some balls again.

Off my soapbox.

Oh yeah, priceless words of wisdom Jesse! LOL!
    No excuses!
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    F1nut wrote:

You said a mouthful . . .here let me fix the spelling . . .C!!!

LMAO!!!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2006

If you were in a Muslim country and said something derogatory about their beliefs you would be running for your life for the Muslim extremists.

So true,you had better be able to run faster scared then they can mad or you will be up **** creek with out a paddle.:eek:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    I drink, I cuss, I love **** and Im not religious at all.

I still have no problem with Merry Christmas, crosses on public property, the 10 Commandments on display at a courthouse or the words "under God" in the pledge of allegiance.

So with my best Mr Garrison impersonation, "MERRY F**KING CHRISTMAS!"
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Drumingman
    Drumingman Posts: 348
    edited November 2006
    Wal Mart didn't change back to Merry Christmas due to AFA, it was because People like me didn't spend one red cent on our Christmas Spending at Stores that DIDN"T COMPLY, LOL. Really, hit them in the Pocket Book and those commie **** will get in the frigin sprit of things.