MM's in Civic door...

bowbender7
bowbender7 Posts: 11
Curious if anyone has done the extensive work required to fit MM 650's in the doors of an 03-05 Civic.
I have surveyed the scene and know what I will need to do as far as spacing to keep window clearance, and enlarging the opening for the magnet assembly. I am not sure however if theis buildout will require me to re-negotiate the door panel/grill area to allow clearance on the front side.

Either way, I will get this done but hoped someone might have some enlightenment before I start.
Post edited by bowbender7 on

Comments

• spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited November 2006
    My dad's got an '03 civic, but won't let me work on it. The most I was able to do was sat radio cause I did it while he was sleeping. I think cody's girlfriend has a newer civiv and he worked on it, so maybe he'll be of some help.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2006
    I had to cut out a lot of metal to get the SRs to fit. I didnt have to do any modifications to the doorpanel. If you dont have a grinder already, I highly suggest going to harbor freight. They have one for like $15 and its bad ****.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited December 2006
    this summer i'll be mounting the mmc6500's in my rear door panels. i'll let you know how it goes. :)
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited June 2007
    Any updates on this?
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited June 2007
    Actually, I decided against mounting them in the rear doors because I found myself a pair of the MMC690's which i just threw in the stock location so I don't have to worry about cutting up my door :)

I did however, fit the mmc525 in the front doors. That did require a bit of cutting and i had to make my owd adapter (or rings) but it was nothing an average person couldn't do. I ordered some kick panels for the mmc6500 and they're just waiting to be seated in there. (I cant wait either). Rest of the install is going well. Everything is pretty much done. I've built my fiberglass box, I've just got to do some more fiberglassing in the car itself so the box sits nice and snug and then paint over everything. I was gonna get a new alternator, 160 amps, but I might be getting a new engine and it has a different alternator so the new one wouldn't fit. So I'll be stuck with my stock one for a few more months. :(

few pics:

IMGP2804.jpg

IMGP2688.jpg

IMGP2583.jpg

IMGP2626.jpg

IMGP2789.jpg

prolly need about another 2-3 weeks to finish. I work pretty slowly and take my time.