component system

Options
sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited July 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
kim,
im getting a new component system for my 96 gmc extended cab without the third door
the stock speakers are 5 1/4"
I talked to a local store in Corpus Christi (Rick's Auto Detailing) which have done some NICE work
The reason I called them was to see if they could order Metra parts and they're the only store that sales MOMO locally and you said for my truck I would need the part 82-3002
We started talking and he said they he has fit 6 1/2" speakers in trucks like mine with dry wall screws
Is this true?
would installing 6 1/2" momo components effect the window?(theyre manual windows and manual door locks)
Also, I'm looking at the Rockford Fosgate Power 500.2 amp to run these speakers (both 6 1/2s and the tweeters), is this sufficient?
I have 2 mm120s under the back seat(drivers facing forward, not up)
What is the Hz settings I need to put on my amp to the subs(its a RF Punch 1000.1)?
And what should be the settings on the component system?
Thanks in advance,
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2002
    Options
    and the Hz settings?
    and should i have the subsonic filter on or off for the subs?
    and it has a switch for the phase and the choices are 180 and 0--which one should it be?
    thanks in advance
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited July 2002
    Options
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Listen to it both in and out of phase. In some vehicles you won't notice anything but in others it makes a huge difference. If that's the case you'll know which way to leave it.

I like to low- pass subs between 60- 80 Hz. If there's a dial play with the setting until it sounds best to you. If there's a switch or card with pre- selected frequencies I'd guess somewhere in that range for starters.

What's the frequency of the subsonic filter?