Ok 2 12" Polk Momo In a Sealed Box Question

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok guys.. now I got the 2 Polk 124. I want to put both of them in one sub box... what do you suggest? bandpass or sealed? I got the Kenwood x401 powering them (600 Watts@2Ohm).
Thanks in advance.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JustinGoodie
    JustinGoodie Posts: 18
    edited July 2002
    Personally, i'd use a sealed, dual-chambered box.

if you're building it, use MDF of at least 3/4" thickness, and caulk the hell outta that thing to make sure that it's sealed.....

that's what i did ;)

also..... don't use terminal cups either. just drill a hole in the box somewhere, and run the wire 10 or 12 gauge right through the box and again.... caulk the hell outta it to ensure that the enclosure is sealed
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2002
    Kim,

I listen to all sort of music. I run a record company and most of our acts are Hip Hop and Dance artist. Well the best way to understand my music that I play is this is the 10 disc in my cd changer: Andrea Bocelli "Romanza", Frank Sinatra "The Reprise Collection", Old School Love Jamz Vol 1, Dr. Dre "2001", Quincy Jones "The Dude", Bob James & David Sanborn "Double Vision", Sade "Greatest Hits", Jay-Z "The Blueprint", DJ Magic Mike presents Bootyz In Motion 1 (I executive produced this album), DJ Magic Mike presents Bootyz In Motion 2 (my record too).
    So I play basically everything.. Music is my passion...

Jerome A. Mas
    WWW.RAPATTACKLIVES.COM
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • B2Bomber
    B2Bomber Posts: 24
    edited January 2008
    also..... don't use terminal cups either...
    uh, why not? does this hold true even if I caulk the hell out of it too?
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited January 2008
    I use high quality terminal cups with not problem. Enclosures are still air tight. If you run the wire in with out a terminal cup use hot glue to seal the whole. It makes a air tight seal in minutes not hours.
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited January 2008
    jamas33 wrote: »
    Kim,

I listen to all sort of music. I run a record company and most of our acts are Hip Hop and Dance artist. Well the best way to understand my music that I play is this is the 10 disc in my cd changer: Andrea Bocelli "Romanza", Frank Sinatra "The Reprise Collection", Old School Love Jamz Vol 1, Dr. Dre "2001", Quincy Jones "The Dude", Bob James & David Sanborn "Double Vision", Sade "Greatest Hits", Jay-Z "The Blueprint", DJ Magic Mike presents Bootyz In Motion 1 (I executive produced this album), DJ Magic Mike presents Bootyz In Motion 2 (my record too).
    So I play basically everything.. Music is my passion...

Jerome A. Mas
    WWW.RAPATTACKLIVES.COM

and i thought i was the only one who went from sade to dr dre to bochelli...:)
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8