Weekend at Penn State...Awesome!!

pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
For my son's 13th B-Day we surprised him with tickets for the Penn State-Michigan State game. Talk about seeing a kid excited!!!! It was PRICELESS!!! He couldn't sleep for a week just thinking about it. Seeing Beaver stadium for the first time, all the tailgaters, the crazy fans all dressed in blue & white was truly a Memorex moment. Being a part of the 108,607 crazed fans was a memory that will last him a lifetime. Even my wife (a non-football fan) was taken in with all the excitement. It was a hell of a game with PS pulling out the win. The 4 hour trip was well worth it & he's already talking about going back next year. I'm in!!!
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by pearsall001 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2006
    Glad you enjoyed your time at PSU. Beaver Stadium is a great place to watch a game. However, I think that I was drunk at every game I ever saw there. I don't remember much:p
    Carl

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2006
    I would love to go to a college football game in one of the more fanatic football conferences. I have friends that say Big 10 games are just insane.
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited November 2006
    Glad you had a good time. Big Ten football is great! I'd love to experience an SEC game sometime.

You should have seen campus at the Ohio State vs. Michigan game this weekend. Talk about insane! :eek:

I heard all weekend that there were 105,000+ in the stadium and another 150,000+ on campus for partying. Luckily my parents had a hotel room at one of the popular tailgate's otherwise the line to the porta-johns was 30-45 minutes long. That doesn't cut it when you're drinking beer all day. :eek:
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited November 2006
    Shizelbs wrote:
    I would love to go to a college football game in one of the more fanatic football conferences. I have friends that say Big 10 games are just insane.

I've heard thtat Penn State games are a lot of fun. I was lucky in that I had season tickets for the years I went to LSU. SEC football is hard to beat, especially in Tiger Stadium AKA Death Valley.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    For my son's 13th B-Day we surprised him with tickets for the Penn State-Michigan State game. Talk about seeing a kid excited!!!! It was PRICELESS!!! He couldn't sleep for a week just thinking about it. Seeing Beaver stadium for the first time, all the tailgaters, the crazy fans all dressed in blue & white was truly a Memorex moment. Being a part of the 108,607 crazed fans was a memory that will last him a lifetime. Even my wife (a non-football fan) was taken in with all the excitement. It was a hell of a game with PS pulling out the win. The 4 hour trip was well worth it & he's already talking about going back next year. I'm in!!!

Penn State - Michigan State game tickets = $200
    Tailgating with 108,607 crazed fans = Fun
    Penn State pulling out a win = Great

Gratefull Child = Priceless

Phil,

Sounds to me like things went way better than expected. I'm very glad you and the crew had a great time.
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited November 2006
    Neyland Stadium at UT is pretty crazy.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8