Happy Birthday Zombie Boy 2000

2»

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2006
    Show was completely insane, Zombie. Their sound is tighter than it has ever been. We didn't keep Jim out late, either. He had one drink at Mo's and then they bailed back to the tour bus. Should be in good shape for you guys tomorrow. ;)

MyMorningJacket.jpg
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2006
    Awesome... I'm really stoked:D On one hand, I kind of miss the smaller shows pretty much sitting on stage with 'em, but it's great to see them finally make it big. Did you get a chance to ask him about Zombieboy? Besides being my screename, it was my nickname growing up...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited November 2006
    I didn't think of that one. :D

Have fun tonight. They played 105 minutes last night.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    You can count on that.....
    105 minutes, eh? We'll see if we can double that:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited November 2006
    You can count on that.....
    105 minutes, eh? We'll see if we can double that:D

They played like 3 1/2 hours at Bonnaroo.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Were you at Bonnaroo?
  • Demiurge
    edited November 2006
    Were you at Bonnaroo?

No, but my friend follows the band around all over the country from time to time. She and her husband were there, and they were in St. Louis Monday night to see them. Going down to Chicago tomorrow. Nuts.
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    Man -- How come you never told me about Wax Fang? This band is the ****, and I think it became my favorite album of the year just about over night.

They have that adventerous and enchanted feel of Led Zeppelin (not saying they sound like them). Scott's method of delivery is a lot like Joy Division, or Interpol more recently, if you don't remember Joy Division. His voice sounds different, and smacks of Eric Bachman ala Crooked Fingers.

I don't know what else to say other than I that I hope this guys don't turn out to be flukes. I am desperately waiting an official album released on a label in the very near future. :)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Sorry.. I just assumed you heard of 'em:p :)
    They are the bomb-diggity, ain't they? Jimmy has pretty much taken them under his wing, so they'll break big (at least among the critics).

Don'tcha know that MMJ is Music Direct's new favorite band according to their new catalog?:D

FWIW Joy Divsion is at the very least in my Top 7 favorite bands.
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    Sorry.. I just assumed you heard of 'em:p :)
    They are the bomb-diggity, ain't they? Jimmy has pretty much taken them under his wing, so they'll break big (at least among the critics).

Don'tcha know that MMJ is Music Direct's new favorite band according to their new catalog?:D

FWIW Joy Divsion is at the very least in my Top 7 favorite bands.

Apparently not many people have outside of your neck of the woods. I only did because of their 20 day stint with MMJ where I happened to be at one of them. I bought their album for $4 at Atomic yesterday afternoon.... :eek: Scott must have thrown a bunch up on consignment before their Riverside show back in November because that's just nuts.

Their MySpace says they'll have a new record soon.
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    That is, indeed, the case.

Man, Dave we have to get you down to the 'ville. Our music scene here is unbelievable. Tons of shows, tons o' venues, knowledgable music fans, great underground scene that can be elitist at times, but always gravitates toward originality.

This is the NUMBER ONE reason I didn't move to my birthplace of Atlanta (which probably has the worst music scene in the country, unless you're into RB and Booty Rap).

Check out The Meridiths for another local treasure.
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    That is, indeed, the case.

Man, Dave we have to get you down to the 'ville. Our music scene here is unbelievable. Tons of shows, tons o' venues, knowledgable music fans, great underground scene that can be elitist at times, but always gravitates toward originality.

This is the NUMBER ONE reason I didn't move to my birthplace of Atlanta (which probably has the worst music scene in the country, unless you're into RB and Booty Rap).

Check out The Meridiths for another local treasure.

Yeah, I need to. the last time I was through there was in 2002 when we went to Jack Daniels in Lynchburg and then over to Memphis for a week of libation.
    :p

The 'elitist' crap goes on here as well. You know, the types that will turn on a band as soon as they get some recognition. The Decemberists are a fine example. They were absolutely nothing when I got into them, and now they're popular as all get out. They're not selling out their sound with success, so I think it's cool that people are exposed to better music.

It's my goal to get friends to listen to new stuff because it IS better than what most people are currently listening to. Most people are stuck in neutral when it comes to music. I can honestly say I haven't put one mix CD together where someone wrinkled their nose at it. Most were very interested in the stuff.

Anyhow -- I'll check that band out as soon as I give the stuff I picked up yesterday a chance to sink in.

Going to see Jeremy Enigk on Tuesday night. Not sure if you were ever into Sunny Day Real Estate/Fire Theft at all, but his new CD is fantastic.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Good deal. Eff the "elitist" garbage anyway. MMJ takes a lot of **** for breaking, but you know who gives them the most garbage -- all the same, tired old-school punk bands and their crews that have been giving everyone garbage since the dawn of time. Keep slingin' those Mocha Lattes Ace and Killer, and hate the world because those same three chords aren't making you millions yet:rolleyes:
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    Good deal. Eff the "elitist" garbage anyway. MMJ takes a lot of **** for breaking, but you know who gives them the most garbage -- all the same, tired old-school punk bands and their crews that have been giving everyone garbage since the dawn of time. Keep slingin' those Mocha Lattes Ace and Killer, and hate the world because those same three chords aren't making you millions yet:rolleyes:

:eek: :p

I agree...I live with a guy like that, and his girlfriend is the same way. It's ridiculous. He's not as snobbish as he acts, but man -- if I am diggin' on something he tries to act uninterested. If it's known, it's blown.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    LOL!!

If it's known, it's blown:D

I'm gonna have to make a zillion T-shirts saying that. Sell 'em next to all the Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky shirts.