My early X-mas gift

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
I decided to splurge on myself a bit early this year. Got myself a membership at Golds Gym and ordered a new lifting belt.

I've had a membership at Ballys for about 20 years now, but am disgusted at the lack of maintaining the equipment and how everything is so disorganized. Example, was doing dumbbell flys and went to find a set of a specific weight and had to search the entire freeweight gym area for them for about 5 minutes. Other times, equipment breaks and it takes weeks and sometimes months to get it fixed.

My other motivation was discovering my blood pressure was a bit high several weeks back. I was also putting on weight (chubby belly) and feeling like a lazy slug. Poor sleep patterns developed. Lack of energy in the morning and dead tired all day.

I got my lazy **** back to the gym and revamped my diet completely. My BP is back to normal, the bodyfat is coming off fast and my strength is skyrocketing. I sleep something fierce and am full of energy from the time I wake till the moment it's almost bed time. All of this in a total of 3 weeks! I was always into fitness and weightlifting for the most part, but got lazy with working alot. No more!

So, my first workout is tomorrow night at Golds and my new Inzer lifting belt arrives on Tuesday. Oh yeah, my brother belongs to the Golds up his way, so now we can meet and train together a few times a month at each others gym (for a small fee). We always wanted to get into training together sometimes, so now we can!

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited November 2006
    Congrats!!

Glad to hear your workouts are successful.

I need to renew my gym membership and get my lazy **** back too. I'm not talking bodybuilding or anything like that, just a quick workout a few times a week to improve/maintain general fitness.