SDA SRS, help, I think I may have a problem?

Options
13»

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Congrats.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2007
    Options
    You must have the patience of Job. :) I would have been totally obsessed and not slept until I had the problem solved. Good on you. Gettin' that SDA groove on,,you are,,,enjoy ;):):D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • meg
    meg Posts: 19
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thanks for all your help... Yes, meg is my initials. Now that I have these working perfectly, some of my friends want to know where they can get them. It's addicting! Besides eBay, do you know of any other good source to find these? It's time for me to upgrade to the TL's, right???
  • RichCanDo
    RichCanDo Posts: 177
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I had same problem with my 1.2TL's, but volume was intermittently lower on left speaker, not just the tweeters. It appears the problem was a bad polyswitch(s). (My crossovers each actually have 3 polyswitches wired in parrallel!) But, it is also possible it was a bad interconnect cable in a sound processor as the processors (4) were removed from my system at the same time as the polyswitches were replaced.

If happens again: It appears you probably had a bad connection, possibly do to oxidation or dirt. Keeping these connections clean with contact cleaner is a good idea. If it happens again, good chance you have a bad wire, probably where the wire connects to the terminal. A wire may be broken inside the insulation where it connects to the terminal. (As often happens to power cords where the wire flexes at the plug.) Also possible, but unlikely, there is a bad crimp or solder connection between the wire and the terminal.
    Mains; SDA 1.2TL Silk Domes, upgraded xover, biamped w/DBX BX1 200wpc
    Pre-amp: DBX CX1
    Center: CS1000p Rear Surr.; f/x1000
    Parasound HCA-1205A amp; Center & rear
    Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra
    DVD: Denon 3910
    Tuner, FM: Onkyo Integra T-9090II
    Cassette: Onkyo Integra TA-2090
    VCRs: JVC HD4000U digital, HRS8000U SVHS
    Signal Processing: DBX; 10/20 EQ, SNR-1, 120X-DS, 3BX-DS, DAV-600G Router, Onkyo EQ-35
    Conditioning: Monster AVS2000, HTS5100MKII