Receiver

arcastro
arcastro Posts: 12
edited July 2002 in Electronics
I am currently running the rt2000i as main, cs400i as center and fx300s as my surround speakers. I am currently using a jvc receiver to power them and am not really satisfied. Any suggestions on a good receiver for this set up? I have heard HK and Denon are good.

Thanks.
Post edited by arcastro on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited July 2002
    Post how much of a budget you had in mind and these guys can better recommend the best for your money.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • arcastro
    edited July 2002
    I am looking to spend around $600 - $700.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2002
    Denon's 3802 is available online for under 700.00. I have one and really like it.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2002
    Denon's 3802 is available online for under 700.00

Agreed! I think Denon makes one of the best receivers around and they mate well with Polks. CALL (don't just look at the web site) 6th Ave Electronics at 1-866-666-6283 and ask for Chris. You can get a 3802 for $699 SHIPPED (you may have top ask for the free shipping). I think they ran out of stock last week but they should be getting more. They are an authorized Denon dealer and very good to work with. I have bought several items from them. Never any problems.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2002
    got mine for 635.00 shipped from Crazy Eddies, you can count on no warranty. Is he in jail yet?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2002
    Is he in jail yet?

Again?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited July 2002
    You might want to look at Pioneer Elite VSX-41TX receiver with MSRP of 800 dollars. It's not like the old elites where it was really laid back sound until you started to really drive them then they came alive and they mate with polk really well.
  • briancs
    briancs Posts: 193
    edited July 2002
    Liv4fam, I must thankyou. That was a respectable reply. That is what most people wish everyone would do. Well with the occasional rant and a little BS. All in good humor that is;)
    The guy with $40.00 mains and a $700.00 subwoofer.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2002
    Maybe this dude has a soul after all, Polks sound good? Are you boshin' me? ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2002
    onkyo you can get for around your price the 600 retail is 499
    and the 700 is 799
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2002
    I too have a JVC. I'm pretty happy with my RXV-9010VBK. At around $350 it works for me. Great features and stereo sound. Which one do you own? What don't you like about it?

Alot of people like Denon, HK, and Onkyo. I do too. I'm just cheap.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • arcastro
    edited July 2002
    I have an older version. It is about 3 years old.

I keep getting an overload error whenever I try to turn the volume up especially when watching a movie.
  • rlightfoot
    rlightfoot Posts: 87
    edited July 2002
    those are really nice prices for the 3802 assuming warranty is in place.

Is there any real noticeable improvement or "must have" feature to entire a person to upgrade to the 3802 from the 1802. I could probably unload the 8 month old 1802 for about $300 here or on ebay.
    "I want to change my username to Gordo, but Club Polk won't let me"