SDA CRS internal polarity/6.5 woofer replace

Options
SDA_MAN
SDA_MAN Posts: 7
edited November 2006 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Anybody know the exact polarity connections internally on the SDA CRS? Seems if I reverse the polarity on the SDA tweeter, harshness dissapears, but subtile details remain...hhhhmmmm, also, I need to replace all four of the mid bass woofers, any suggestions? other than the polk, but better build and bass response, I tried the dayton 6.5, worked pretty good..thank you
Post edited by SDA_MAN on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Black or blue are positive, Green or white are negative. Red dots on the tweeters/drivers are positive. There's nothing wrong with the Polk drivers. In fact, many believe that doped paper can't be beat. If you want to improve the sound, upgrade the crossovers, which will help with bass response as will moving the cabinets closer to the back wall. Also, if you have the original stands, use lead shot to load them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SDA_MAN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    guess old school polks are the only ones to get...if you can find a properly set up set.

better get some Paradigm Studio 20's
  • F1nut
    edited November 2006
    Options
    SDA_MAN wrote:
    better get some Paradigm Studio 20's

I'm curious, are you on drugs or some form of medication or perhaps just suffering from low IQ?

Anyway, better change your name because you certainly don't deserve the one you have. :rolleyes:

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SDA_MAN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    whats your problem, personal and rude attacks your method of communication??
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2006
    Options
    wtf :confused:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    Options
    The good news? He'll go away in a heart beat.

...but until then, don't miss the fun...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • F1nut
    edited November 2006
    Options
    For your entertainment here's his original response.

SDA_MAN has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - SDA CRS internal polarity/6.5 woofer replace - in the DIY, Mods & Tweaks forum of Club Polk.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45957&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    tough guy?
    kiss it

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Cool, keyboard rangers!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.