Hey Antny!

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
Next time you're around I have a nice AR-XA turntable for you gratis if you don't have anything else by now.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited November 2006
    ........sweet..........
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    I'm hoping he doesn't have anything substantial yet. I love surprises.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2006
    When can I come up???

You are the man...
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Don't break your **** to get here. She's AR, not going anywhere, and she's yours.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited November 2006
    George and Amulford,

I have to meet you guys, I split my time between Jersey and Florida but **** just to get a look at the magic closet at George's house would be a treat. Hey George, is the Columbus Flea Market in Mt. Holly still open, I used to go there as a Kid.

CRj
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2006
    I hear tell that there is vintage Carver, never used in that magic closet. George is the man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    Columbus Market is still happening in COLUMBUS CRj. I live right outside Mt. Holly, and it's about a 5 minute drive up to the market for me. Maybe we'll see you at PF '07 at Antny's house? Where in Jersey are you when you're here?

Steve, I sold the unused Carver stuff a little more than a year ago to a good man from right here in Zoo Jersey. Special pricing for the local pick-up. $500 total for the unused C-11 preamp and TFM-35 power amp There's a couple Carver pieces in there now if I need spares, but they're not virgins.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2006
    Damn Skippy.

Don't let him fool you, the Magic Closet has it's own space/time dimension...
  • George Grand
    edited November 2006
    There's a lot of real audio history in that closet, but nothing that a lot of tube freak/cutting edge type guys would find even remotely desirable. But I like it.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2006
    What's not to love about Carver gear?

Best bang/buck audio company ever. Hafler (who helped Bob with the design for the Silver Seven tube amp) and Kloss/AR, probably in the same league but my vote for Carver.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut