Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2006
    Options
    death of a bad-@ss

allways liked that guy
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Always liked the voice. RIP Mr. P.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,855
    edited November 2006
    Options
    He was perfect for the hard ****, tough as nails roles. Great actor, RIP.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Damn, I always liked Mr. Palance. RIP
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Fine actor with a creepy voice that always scared the $hit out of me! RIP!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2006
    Options
    RIP Curly!!!

A wonderful character actor who finally got recognized after his career was almost over.:rolleyes:

I wonder if he's doing any one-armed push-ups, wherever he is????:)

One thing that a lot of people don't know, about Mr Palance, is that he was a very generous and kind man, off the screen. Pretty much a complete opposite of the majority of his on-screen personas.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    Options
    1950's war flick "Attack" was my favorite Jack Palance performance.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Loved him in "Young Guns" as Lawrence G. Murphy.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2006
    Options
    My three favorites of his were "Attack", "Shane," & "Barabbas."

'Night Walter Jack Palance
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Great actor....very underated.
    I will always remember his Academy awards spot, the one where he did one arm pushups and remarked....
    "Billy Crystal? Hell, I crap bigger than Billy Crystal."

-Luc