MECA World Finals

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited November 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well Im all packed and about to head out to Louisville, KY for finals!

I wasnt going to post this in case I get my **** kicked but I figure what the hell.

This is the most SQ competitors ever registered for a MECA finals and the top guys in my class from all over are showing up. :mad:

Each car will be judged by 3 judges and then they average out the scores and out of the 3, Ive only had 1 before so Im not sure how the other 2 like their sound. Plus, over half the guys have $1000 processors and I aint got squat and a few of them are on teams with custom installers and Ive done all my work myself in the parking lot!

Still I give myself a pretty good chance and predict Ill finish in the top 3...hopefully.

So Im off! Wont be back til about 1 AM Monday morning....and then back up at 5:45 for work. Yikes!

So anybody got any rabbits feet out there, give em a rub for me!
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2006
    good luck!!!! Bring home that bronze medal!!! :D
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • unrealii
    unrealii Posts: 268
    edited November 2006
    good luck Mac!
    LSIm system on order =D

Currently listening to innovation...

Prior car systems:
    Nissan Maxima - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Eclipse PA5422, Eclipse PA5532, Polk SR 6500 (Front), Polk DB6510 (Rear), Image Dymanics IDQ10, active x-over setup
    Toyota MR2 - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Blaupunkt THA 555, Polk SR6500
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited November 2006
    Very cool. Good luck.
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2006
    Wow! What a blast I had this weekend!

Got back in about 3:30 this morning and am so sleepy I can barely type but it was worth it. This was the best time Ive had in a long time.

This was the largest turnout I think MECA has ever had and it was the largest SQ turnout ever with 45 competitors. I think it was even bigger than IASCA's this year by a couple!

We had a couple great judges. Scott Roarke who was a big wig in Mitek and founded and ran the MTX Thunderforce along with Mark Eldridge and Richard Clark. Keith Turner was also a judge. He writes for Car Audio & Electronics, is an IASCA World Champion and judge.

There were a lot of great cars there as well and I got to listen to some stellar installs. Justin Polk, Matt Roberts and Larry Chijner. Matt and Larry had unbelievale installs. I took a few pictures and will post them in a seperate thread.

My team, Schil Acoustics, effing ruled! Out of 8 classes we got 5 World Championships and 3 2nd places and one guy got a 4th! And one of ours, Scott Selvidge, took Best of Show!

As for me I did pretty well, I got 2nd place. I got beat by my teammate (who has the $10,000 custom install and 701 processor and all kinds of guys tuning his system....but Im not bitter ;) ) but I kind figured that would happen.
    I also score 2006 Rookie of the Year which meant a lot to me!

Ricky and I also won the "Hatfield and McCoy" award which is awarded to the 2 guys that put on the best competitions and since he and I had been whacking on each other all season and even tied twice! I beat him in his home state's finals by 1 point and he turned around and beat me by 1 point in my home state's finals. It was a blast!!

I wouldnve liked to bring home the gold for the Club but Ricky was better that day so he deserved it. Im still proud tho as I think I had a pretty good rookie season. With no processor or fancy EQ and doing all my own work and installing and tuning I still placed 2nd in a major World Finals in my first year and am the only Amateur to EVER win Best of Show, and I did it twice and scored the highest Amateur score all season so I am still proud.

Polk Audio deserves most of the credit for making speakers that dont require a lot of tuning to sound great!! The SR6500's went toe to toe with high end speakers like Focal and MB Quart without any fancy processing or installation and did pretty good I think!

Thanks very much to Thom Voisinet and Josh Claar for all your help!! I could not have done it without ya bros!

Now the fun part. Tearing it all down and starting all over again to get ready for the Modified class next season. Mids in the kicks, sub in center console, me having to take a carpentry class at the local high school........gonna be fun!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited November 2006
    Wow, good job. That is what happens to us Tennesseeans when we leave the farm lol.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Thanks very much to Thom Voisinet for all your help!! I could not have done it without ya bro!

Damn...what am I...chopped liver?
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited November 2006
    great job mac!! what does your system consist of? your right the sr's dont need much to sound great. i really didnt have to do too much rta work to get them right.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2006
    Josh wrote:
    Damn...what am I...chopped liver?

Oops, my bad! :o I was typing too fast and Ive only had 6 hours sleep in the last 3 days.

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    CONGRATS MAC!!!!!

Great achievment for a first year....be prepared...it doesn't get easier from now on :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2006
    grats!!!
    cats.vans.bag...