sr124dvc and sr6500 on order Polk Noob

alienagneda
alienagneda Posts: 28
edited November 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey everyone!
Just ordered a set of the sr124dvc's and sr6500's for my E46 BMW.
I have never used Polk car audio, however, i have used Alpine, Kicker, Kenwood and JL.

?
How long have the sr subs been out. I cant seem to find alot about them in reviews other than users and they are hard to come by as well.

I plan to power each sub with a JBL1200.1 amp at 2Ohm so its a real 1200Watt unit those familiar with the old school JBL amps. Any recommendations/advice from the gurus would be much appreicated. They will be in sealed enclosure - yet to be designed.

?
Powering the sr6500's with a Diamond Audio d3400.2 that should give them around 100watts/ch.

I almost bought the JL 12W6v2's, I hope these boys compare.
Kinda tired of the JL line - not they arent a fantastic speaker, just want to step away from the status quo a bit and see what Polk can do.

Even though polk pissed my off years ago when they bought Eosone and basically shutdown the competition - but hey Eosone signed the contract as well i guess.

Kevin
Post edited by alienagneda on

Comments

• 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited November 2006
    The SR's subs have only been out a short while. This sub should do very well when compared to the JL. As far as the power goes, you will be sending them 500 watts over their RMS rating. Be careful with your gains and volume knob. The 100 watts from your Diamond amp should make the SR6500's sound very nice. It's always nice getting new gear :D.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited November 2006
    Hey everyone!

Even though polk pissed my off years ago when they bought Eosone and basically shutdown the competition - but hey Eosone signed the contract as well i guess.

Kevin

It was before my time, but I'm pretty sure Eosone was always Polk.