FS: MINT SRS-SDA 3.1TL's - ONE OWNER

Options
rskarvan
rskarvan Posts: 2,374
edited November 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For Sale to good owner -- POLK 3.1TL

1-owner, pampered, Oak Polk SRS-SDA 3.1 TL speaker all original in MINT condition with no defects. Includes Pin/Blade OEM interconnect.

New, these sold for $1999 in 1991.
Today, I am offering these to the Polk Forum for the price of $750 for pickup in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I plan on moving these to E-bay in approximately 1 or 2 weeks.

These speakers are truly flawless.

I am selling these because I have recently picked up a set of Thiel 3.6's and, quite frankly, need to offset that expenditure.

I have a full-size truck so I may be able to help (within reason) with delivery if needed.

Thank you.

ronskarvan@aol.com
Post edited by rskarvan on

Comments

• woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited November 2006
    Options
    So is North Carolina within delivery range?

Just kidding...those are beauties though, wish I was closer. Somebody grab them!
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2006
    Options
    WOW, these are beautiful! Someone needs to gobble them up quickly to keep them in the family.

If I didn't have my SRS 2.3's already...
    No excuses!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    Options
    PM sent

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • rskarvan
    edited November 2006
    Options
    PM replied. (I think these are going to be sold to HTrookie - once he confirms that he is buying them... its official).
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    What can I say...best of both worlds.....AL-III's for ribbons and 3.1's for SDA....I'll deal with the wife when I feel like doing it (yeah...sure...)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • rskarvan
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Sold to HTrookie. Delivery scheduled for Saturday at 9am. Thanks.
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    anonymouse wrote:
    Crap. You snooze, you lose.
    And I was even headed down to Indy next week.

Congrats HTrookie!
    :)

Don't cry...you have a new DVD player at your door :)

SOPA
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Nice grab, one of the not-so-common SDA models. You get a couple more 'unique' points.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Great pickup Ricardo! Enjoy!
    Carl

• Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited November 2006
    Options
    HT, Ill try to get those 1.2s taken care by Saturday as well (sooner hopefully)maybe keep you out of hot water.......
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Can't get any more unique than having piano-gloss-black 1.2tls, I wouldn't think.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2006
    Options
    You guys wasted no time! Great job!

I think this model was the last fully designed new model in the vintage SDA line. Total coolness factor!
    No excuses!
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Thanks guys; I've heard only good things about this model, and this pair looks really mint. Half the size of the 1.2 TL's with close the sound. Cannot ask for more....
    Ron, they will be pampered, so you can rest assured that they'll stay in great condition, and, if I ever sell them, they'll stay in the family. (I've learned that you should never say never when it comes to speakers :))

They will get new crossovers....does anyone have a schematic for these? I did Solens for the 1.2's, but these will get Sonicaps.

SOPA
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I think you are going to be very pleased with these, Ricardo. Nice snag...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Thanks Bruce....I read your review that's somewhere in this forum....since then the 3.1's have been dancing in my mind :)

SOPA
  • rskarvan
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I've listened to the 3.1TL side-by-side with both the 2.3 and 1.2TL powered by Carver monoblocks (at a dealer in Springfield, IL). The trio are much more alike than different. The 2.3 and 1.2TL just are bigger and deeper sounding.

I ended up purchasing the 3.1TL special-order from Ovation on 82nd street in Indianapolis. This is the only pair that were sold by them as it wasn't a model they carried in their normal lineup.

FYI...
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    The 3.1's just got to their new home; Met Ron and his wife half way between Mason and Indy. Nice couple.

Thanks Ron, for selling these beautiful speakers (and for keeping them in such a great condition for the last 15 years :)

SOPA
  • rskarvan
    edited November 2006
    Options
    How do they sound? Review (relative to the 1.2TL's)? Just curious. Thanks.
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I hooked them up and only listened for 30 minutes or so, so not much music has gone through them, but I think I can say they sound very similar to the 1.2's before I changed the tweeters and upgraded the crossovers (which means GOOD).
    A couple of things I noticed is that they seem to be a bit more detailed, and the SDA is as good as the 1.2's, which seems odd given that they have three drivers less...
    Will let them play some more, though I already know I'll order the silk tweeters and upgrade the crossovers :)

SOPA