Vintage Drivers - RTA8 - SL2000 & MW6510

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited November 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Qty. 4 - MW6510 Drivers - *SOLD* - including shipping

These are from a pair of RTA8T and are in known working condition. The speakers cabinets themselves are in less than stellar condition, so they are being gutted and parted out. If you don't have spares for your babies, you're in the wrong hobby.

If you need to more information or help in parts identification, contact me directly - dorokusai@comcast.net

You don't have to buy all of these, just what you need...one....two....whatever.

These drivers are also an SDA replacement but naturally are used elsewhere in the RTA series, depending on which model. This is roughly from my old head but they were in the...

RTA8T
RTA8TL
RTA11T
SDA SRS 2
SDA 2.3TL
SDA 2A
SDA CRS+

Can they be used in other SDA/RTA/MON models? Sure, but it's certainly not the original driver and while it will function as A speaker....it's not the ideal choice.

Qty. 2 - SL2000 Tweeters - $20/ each - including shipping

These are from the aforementioned speaker as well and in known working condition. The SL2000 is ALL OVER the place in regards to being a replacement part, so I'm not going to create a list for this tweeter.

If you need a simple replacement to get by or to fix a newly found speaker, this would be nice to have handy. I like to keep a host of spares for Polk's on hand, as I find them quite a bit and not always in working condition.

I'll pack them in my usual bulletproof way, surrounded with barbed wire because I dislike improper handling in the first place.

Thanks for reading.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Add SRS 2's to the list.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Oki doki, thx sweetheart.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Are the MW6510's the proper spares to have for the early blade-blade SRS 2's like I've got? Russ?

Thanks
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2006
    Options
    The first generation 2's (three drivers, two tweeters) used MW7500, IIRC.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    As stated, that was just roughly from the brain. It imagine it should be SDA 2A.
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I'll take a pair of the MW6510's... never did manage to get the dust caps popped back out on those 2.3TL's I bought. PM me details.

Thanks!
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Jason, yes - they are drop in's for the SRS 2's.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Not to put too fine a point on this Russ, but Polk's part's listing for the blade/blade SRS 2 reads:

SRS2
    TWIN-BLADE SDA CONNECTOR
    2x SL2000
    2x MW6509
    2x MW6509
    SW150

and for the pin/blade:

SRS2
    PIN/BLADE SDA CONNECTOR
    2x SL2000
    2x MW6511
    2x MW6510
    SW155

My early post was based on Bill's (ardvark1) crossover rebuild of his first generation SDA 2's. They were a bit odd in that they had SL1000's and the MW7500's. Sorry for the confusion.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited November 2006
    Options
    No, that's fine Mike - I was just going on memory, I honestly though it was 6510's....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Easier to see here (plus the RTA models mentioned above):

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/modelpartslist.php3?model=sda

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    unc2701 wrote:
    I'll take a pair of the MW6510's... never did manage to get the dust caps popped back out on those 2.3TL's I bought. PM me details.

Thanks!

UNC - OK, thanks. Let me get them boxed up and weighed and I'll be in touch via PM.

The other two have been sold to George Daniel via email.

I have some tweeters leftover if anyone needs a replacement to get by, otherwise I'll box them up for later.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Thanks Mark.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • unc2701
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Awesome, Thanks!
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    I included shipping, my mistake. I'll have them out this weekend.

UNC - Are you Ben? Either way, email me your shipping address.

George - Email me your shipping address as well.

Thanks guys.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2006
    Options
    doro,I will take 1 of the SL-2000's if they still available...you can reach me at mreeter@greenhills.net

Thanks,Mike
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Mike - Thanks, email received, reply on the way.

There is one lonesome SL2000 available....anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
  • unc2701
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Got them today, great packing job! Rock on!