Week #9 in the NFL

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
So, the Chiefs pull out an excellent road win against a good team, all while losing over 5 starters to injuries in the game.

Heck of a show.

Donk's take the Steeler's gift and cash in.

Dolks... won't even go there. One game behind in the AFC West.

How about them dar bears?!? Ha. I lost that pick.

Discuss.
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    How bout them Titans?! vomit-smiley-001.gif

I turned it off in the 4th when it was 34-0. I dont even know what the final score was.

Im going to move to DC so I can root for the Skins!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2006
    Steelers stink! The turnover count is frightening!
    Carl

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Steelers stink! The turnover count is frightening!

They are doing this to themselves.

give up big plays, terrible special teams, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers = bad team.

Whats the worst record by a super bowl team? Lets see if they can pull something this year!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2006
    Gift? The "Donk's" simply outplayed the Steelers. Keep in mind that the Steelers threw for over 400 yards, something that they've only 4 times! There offensive line was damn good at stopping the blitz, but that's a Steelers trademark. The Broncos played a better, smarter game and forced the turnovers. There was no gift, that was damn good football. Props to the Steelers for at least showing up this week.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2006
    Frank Z wrote:
    Gift? The "Donk's" simply outplayed the Steelers. Keep in mind that the Steelers threw for over 400 yards, something that they've only 4 times! There offensive line was damn good at stopping the blitz, but that's a Steelers trademark. The Broncos played a better, smarter game and forced the turnovers. There was no gift, that was damn good football. Props to the Steelers for at least showing up this week.

I can understand hearing the from a broncos fan from colorado, but I guess you haven't watch the other 5 losses.:) (and just to let you know, this still isn't payback of the afc championship:D )

p.s. who would have thought losing randle el would hurt pittsburgh so much, at least he held on to the damn ball.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2006
    Maybe the refs could blow some more calls in the Colts game. Un-frickin'believable. :rolleyes:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2006
    One of the worst games I've seen the Pats play in a long time. Disappointing to say the least. Couldn't have scripted a better way for us to potentially win at the end, with Vinatieri missing a field goal.... and then we turn it over cuz of stupid Kevin ****... err... Faulk and blow a golden opportunity for a tie. Ugh! So aggravating.

Lots of blown calls by teh refs too (not an excuse for the loss, we would have lost anyway the way we were playing). Like, completely made up "taunting" and "illegal contact" that just were... not... there. What WAS that?

Didn't see much else around the nFL today. Some of the Steelers game... not too surprised. The Broncs looks good this yera, the Steelers DON'T. How the Steelers were favored in that game I will NEVER understand.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2006
    I'm glad I got back in time to see the end of the Cowboys Skins game. That was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited November 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    Maybe the refs could blow some more calls in the Colts game. Un-frickin'believable. :rolleyes:

Speaking of refs: there's a ref that we recognize on sight. When we saw him on-screen in the 2nd quarter of the Rams/Chiefs game, we knew we were screwed.
    Sure enough, late in the game, the Rams making some excellent plays on offense/defense, and who shows up to put a stick in the spokes ? Yep, our "I hate the Rams" ref.
    A couple of phantom pass interference and personal foul calls and ..... bye-bye game !

.....just awful !

That's okay, I still made 4 picks correct this week. :(:(:(:(

(fer gawd's sake ..... how the hell did the Bears lose that big !!!)
    Sal Palooza
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2006
    ***********puts on flame suit**************
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited November 2006
    The Ravens grabbed another win. 6-2, 2 game division lead....looking good!
    No excuses!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2006
    I wish I could have seen how the bears got there asses handed to them by the hapless fins. WTF hapenned in THAT game?!?!?!

another horrendous week for me in the pool. how I'm holding onto second place is a miracle.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    another horrendous week for me in the pool. how I'm holding onto second place is a miracle.

Take another look and you'll see it was a horrendous week for everybody.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited November 2006
    Ahhh... poor game from the Pats. They got away from pounding the ball on the ground. Turning it over as many times as they did will kill you against a good team. Disappointing to see them make so many miskates against Denver and now Indy.

MrNightly- Since I do so love to rip the Chefs, I must be fair and congratulate them on a nice win in St. Louis.

Great work by me in the pool. With a win tonight, I'll post a '3' for the week, sweet!!
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2006
    At least the Vikes played well...:rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited November 2006
    ahorvitz wrote:
    MrNightly- Since I do so love to rip the Chefs, I must be fair and congratulate them on a nice win in St. Louis.

Hey thanks. I thought they put together a pretty solid game. Third week in a row over 30pts scored, and they did it with depleted ranks.

5-3 and on to the Fin's next.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2006
    That was one of the most **** up Sundays in a really long time.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Demiurge
    edited November 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    I wish I could have seen how the bears got there asses handed to them by the hapless fins. WTF hapenned in THAT game?!?!?!

News flash -- the Bears have ZERO offense. Grossman SUCKS, and when they do make plays it's based on the momentum of their defense. Their defense is insane, and it's carried them this far. I still think they'll go far, but they damn well better figure out their offensive game of they're going to get destroyed by good teams.

They have the weakest schedule in the NFL.
  • krabby5
    edited November 2006
    Hey Demi..

The Pack/Viking game should be a real barnburner, eh? :rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Demiurge
    edited November 2006
    krabby5 wrote:
    Hey Demi..

The Pack/Viking game should be a real barnburner, eh? :rolleyes:

hahaha -- yepper! I can't even hate you guys right now it's so pathetic on both sides. :p
  • krabby5
    edited November 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    hahaha -- yepper! I can't even hate you guys right now it's so pathetic on both sides. :p

The Vikings gave up about 130 yards total offense to the 49ers and lose...:D
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited November 2006
    ***********puts on flame suit**************

Falcons sucked. A loss to the damn Lions is a disgrace. Bobman, stats show Vick was so so, but Falcons dropped at least 7 passses. Hope they are better next week when I attend the Browns game in person.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    univera wrote:
    Hope they are better next week when I attend the Browns game in person.

You lucky bastage:D

Remember, we started 5-2 last year only to peter out....

Saints, Lions, and Browns were supposed to be our gimmes this season...
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited November 2006
    Falcons demise was Lions penetration and coverage down field. Vick would scramble around and look for a pass first, but no one was open. Disgraceful. I may start wearing a bag on my head if the Browns are successful...
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Just the Falcon legacy at play... just when things start rolling...

That's what made '98 so uncanny. We in no way resembled a 14-2 team, but we kept winning the games we were in and beating those teams we needed to beat.