what kind of amp do you recommend

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have a geo tracker and i have 2 GNX 12's (4-ohm single voice coil) in a bandpass box, right now i have a kenwood 728s (300 watts by 1 at 4 ohm) i went to different places and they said it wouldn't make much of a difference if i bought a different amp, i would like to know what do you recommend? i would appreciate any help i can get. and is there anywhere around west tennessee that i can buy the mm124's? i used your dealer locater but it said there wasn't. thanks again for any help.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Yeah I got the 728 but I use them to power my ES265 components in the front. They do pretty well... But as far as the subs.. I would think you would need an amp a little bit more powerful.. I went from a Kenwood PS300T to a Kenwood X401 to power my 2 Polk DB 12" Subs.. And I felt the difference
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited July 2002
    Options
    well.. your not optimizing that amp since you can present either an 8ohm or 2ohm mono load.. or 4ohm stereo load> what you need is to parallel the subs and get a good 2ohm stable mono amp- or a 4channel where you can run bridged 4ohm and get the power you need...