Feel My Pain!!!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
So, I've been getting my baseline system together so that when I move into my new house all I have to do is get the wife and kid settled then get the rig connected and start listening to music (for a while atleast until the upgrade and tweak bug kicks in) and breathing easier. I am making settlement on my new home 11.20.06. I am chomping at the bit to get it going. In the mean time you have heard me complaining about having all this equipment around me and not being able to do anything with it but caress it like a woman.

Well here are the agonizing pics.

The speakers are at the foot of my bed. If you look closely down towards the bottom by the corner of the bed you will see a slight worn spot on the material, that is from me and my dog squeezing by it. I had it wrapped in plastic but I took it off for the picture. Next it is the crate that the Spectral preamp is stored. The Timbre DAC was standing next to the preamp but I gave it a temporary home at Phil's (pearsall001) house. The CD ROM I won from Wes (SCompRacer) is on top. My wife made me take the Adcom amps out of the room because there was no room, so I have them sitting at the bottom of the stairs. The rack (not pictured here) is still in the original box in a storage bin. The turntable is at my Buddy's house about 35 miles away. The Lead Ballon, record clamp, black holes and tip-toes, and cables (not pictured here) are in a storage bin. I haven't commited to the Music Hall CD 25.2 yet because I am still wrestling with the full blown CDP vs transport issue due to the fact that the Timbre DAC sounds so good.

If you look closely at the 1.2 TLs you will see to the right the piece of junk HT system I have had to listen to music with since my wife and I moved in here with my brother while we were house hunting. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful that my brother let us rent here but I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE:eek: :rolleyes: ;):D
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited November 2006
    Damn Joe,

It's real tight in there. You should have stored the 1.2's in my house. I could have paired them with mine and set up an awesome HT system.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    edited November 2006
    You poor thing.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    Damn Joe,

It's real tight in there. You should have stored the 1.2's in my house. I could have paired them with mine and set up an awesome HT system.
    What the hell are you talking about . . . those things would start rocking, tip over and squash your dog.:eek:
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2006
    billbillw wrote:
    You poor thing.

Yeah. I feel real sorry for you.;) :p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2006
    Nice system but I think placement is not the best for SDA's... :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    The upload function in manage attachments wouldn't let me post the picture of the TT showing the SME IV. The error stated that I had the pic posted in another thread???:confused:

Wow I thought the instruction manual said for best soundstage and imaging place speakers right against each other facing each other!;) :p:D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2006
    Hang in there Joe! Better days are a comin'! You've got some nice stuff to get into. I suspect you'll be living in bliss until the upgrade bug bites:D :eek:
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Hang in there Joe! Better days are a comin'! You've got some nice stuff to get into. I suspect you'll be living in bliss until the upgrade bug bites:D :eek:

I've been scratching the upgrade / tweak bug bites for a little while yet, and I haven't even hooked up and listened to one note of music yet!!! Ya know Totem Beaks, Mye sound points, bass brace, Mapleshade tweaks, oh my goodness I am scratching a lot.:p
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited November 2006
    You should have laid you SRS's side by side and put your mattress on top. Would have saved lots of room, and they would have made your bed vibrate, like in one of those cheap motels. :p
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited November 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    You should have laid you SRS's side by side and put your mattress on top. Would have saved lots of room, and they would have made your bed vibrate, like in one of those cheap motels. :p

oh.......that was gooooooood !!! :D
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    Libertyc wrote:

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk:D
  • madmax
    edited November 2006
    The SME IV is so manly yet so precision... If you have posted the pic elsewhere it wont let you do it again, but if you re-size it you can post again.
    madmax

• hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    madmax wrote:
    The SME IV is so manly yet so precision... If you have posted the pic elsewhere it wont let you do it again, but if you re-size it you can post again.
    madmax

Chuck, I changed the name of the file, now the last picture shows the SME IV.:D

Joe
  • madmax
    edited November 2006
    Isn't that an IV.something? Very cool!
    madmax

• hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    madmax wrote:
    madmax

You may be right but it has been so long since I really mounted it that I can't remember. The box and paperwork are in a storage bin (what a friggin surprise!) so I probably won't be able to answer that question until we move into the new home and I get things squared away. How long ago did you mount your IV?

Joe
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited November 2006
    You may be right but it has been so long since I really mounted it that I can't remember. The box and paperwork are in a storage bin (what a friggin surprise!) so I probably won't be able to answer that question until we move into the new home and I get things squared away. How long ago did you mount your IV?

Joe

Knock it off guys, you're getting me horny. When you mounted your IV was it from the front or the back????? LOL!!! Joe, just drop off the Polk's & the TT to my place. The Timbre DAC keeps asking about them. He's lonely!!

Phil
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2006
    Knock it off guys, you're getting me horny. When you mounted your IV was it from the front or the back????? LOL!!! Joe, just drop off the Polk's & the TT to my place. The Timbre DAC keeps asking about them. He's lonely!!

Phil

Yep you just validated my suspicions. . . did you ever notice that I don't turn my back on you when I'm at your house and when I do I cover my butt with one of my hands????:eek:
  • pearsall001
    edited November 2006
    Yep you just validated my suspicions. . . did you ever notice that I don't turn my back on you when I'm at your house and when I do I cover my butt with one of my hands????:eek:

You dog you!!!! Well at least the 20th is right around the corner. Looks like we need to set a date for a road trip to Delaware. Get them Polkie's set up real quick. Frig the turkey, work on your rig!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • madmax
    edited November 2006
    I mounted mine a few years ago. It was a good time for all... :)
    madmax

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    madmax wrote:
    madmax

Chuck,

While my wife and I were going through all my old audio equipment and wires from when I had my audio business to get ready to move, I was greeted with a pleasant surprise. The tonearm on my VPI in NOT an SME series IV, IT IS A SERIES V!!! I still have the canceled check in the box, I paid $1080 for it. It is currently selling at Music Direct for $4500. I am really jonesing to get my rig up and running. It won't be long now, we are moving all our belongings into the new home this Saturday, Dec. 9th.

It's amazing how my memory is so shot that I can't remember some of the great equipment I still have. I found some super duper high end ICs (don't remember the name) & Speaker cable (one name I could make out was "The Hose" plus some 1" diameter Monsters). I dug my Nitty Gritty 1.5 FI record cleaning machine which I am thinking of selling to make room & cash for my new VPI 16.5. About two square feet of sorbothane sheets, a couple dozen "Black Hole" sorbothane pods, and some tiptoes and custom made aluminum decoupling cones. All kinds of gold spades and RCA locking plugs. I found some receivers and CD players and changers. I also found my full supply of "The Clamp" record clamps. They are in mint condition. There is a heck of a lot more.

Anyhow, I haven't even checked the big storage bin yet so I'm sure I'm going to find more audio stuff that I've forgotten about.

Joe

EDIT: I also found a ZEROSTAT 3, Audio Technica & Discwasher brushes, all kinds of record cleaning fluid & preservative (they were trashed), connection tweak, stylast, my old Radio Shack SPL, and lots more. I wonder what happened to my TT level, VTF gauge, overhand protractors, azimuth setter etc.
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited December 2006
    how much for shipping all of the above???hehehe
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    whitetruk wrote:
    how much for shipping all of the above???hehehe
    Zero for the product, $500 for the shipping.:D $5000 to ship to Ohio.:D :D:D
  • pearsall001
    edited December 2006
    I'll take the TT set up. You saw all my vinyl, now all I need is a player!!