Willow
Willow Posts: 10,994
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    Wow! Really suprised to see that coming from a Canadian article.

I agree with it 100%. The market place and technology will take care of pollution. People want cleaner and more effecient cars and so they are being built. Think about how cars are much more fuel effecient and cleaner burning than just 15 years ago, much less 30 years ago. In another 30 years, if we're running internal combustion engines at all, they will be unbelievably effecient.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2006
    Refreshing view, something I don't see to often any more.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2006
    I find it interesting that they cite snowmobiles in that article... I don't know why modern snowmobiles need to be 2 strokes... they could easily be clean-running 4 stroke powered. Look at Lawn-Boy lawnmowers for goodness sakes. They used to have a huge 2 stroke line, that was very successful for the company. Due to emissions concerns, though, they eliminated their entire 2 stroke line and now only make 4 stroke mowers.

Hell, there was even talk of impending doom to the radio-controlled car world, due to emissions concerns of their little 2 stroke motors. We're talking about .21 ci (and larger) engines there! I used to go through a gallon of fuel in, oh, a month or so!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2006
    With all the ale I've been drinking this early today, tomorrow I'll have some serious butthouse gas.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2006
    2 stroke engines have a power to weight advantage that some can't get over.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma