Options
13»

Comments

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited November 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    They had the exact one I wanted. Black, manual trans, no other added options. It exceeded all of my expectations.

Tint them windows and get some black alloy wheels. ;)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Congrats on the new car. Best of luck with it.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2006
    Options
    Initial impression after 100 miles is that I love it. I've located one flaw so far and that is if you put down only one of the rear windows with the rest of them up the inside of the cab resonates. It beats like a big subwoofer. My blazer used to do this if I opened the sunroof all the way. As far as power I was expecting nothing. It turns out that I am very impressed with the power compared to the blazer. The blazer feels very sluggish after driving the xb. The interior lighting is reletively poor having only one roof light in the center of the vehicle, nothing else. The blazer had lights everywhere for everything. The xb's inside is more roomy for the front passengers, WAY more roomy for the rear passengers but only has half the space between the cargo door an the back seats if they are up. However, if the front passenger seat is down along with the rear seats I have a good 10 to 12foot long area (haven't actually measured it yet) which I could stack lumber, ladders or other long things. Max length for the blazer was about 6 feet. The only thing I found somewhat disappointing is the stock stereo. It is not fun to listen to. It is plenty loud enough but sounds annoying to me. Luckily, that is the first thing that would go anyway, sucking just makes me feel better about parting with it. The only other thing that is not great is the standard steel rims with plastic hub caps. They look exactly like what they are.

Unless something turns out to be troublesome I am very happy.

Now to find some black alloy wheels. The windows are already tinted. :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    Now to find some black alloy wheels. The windows are already tinted. :)
    Yeah...but when are you going to do this .....

2265315_1_full.jpg

And where would you put the TT?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited November 2006
    Options
    TT? Probably not. But, I have to admit bass has come to mind... :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D