NBC's Sound Screw Ups

cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Is anyone else having trouble with NBC's HD broad casts?

On Sunday afternoon I sat down to watch the NASCAR race and there was no dialog for the first 45 minutes. They finally switched to standard def and the sounds came back in. About a half hour later they finally kicked back to HD and all was fine.

Then last night I fired up the TIVO to watch Heroes. Once again the first half hour of the show had no center channel. Again they switched to standard def for a while and then back to HD.

Tonight I just switched to NBC and it's that same story all over again.

What the hell is wrong with them?!?!?!?! This is just effin ridiculous.

Anyone else fighting this problem?
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2006
    It's possible it's my F'up sound **** that pisses me off a little (but I'm getting used to it) It sounds like DD 5.1 format sending only 2.0 this will kill center and surrounds. I switch to analog sound input from my optical input, I have it on my remote as a button alone with a button for video mode 4.3, Full, HFill, Just, Zoom (to tell you the truth that is more of a problem if you asked me)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2006
    HD on NBC is prone to pixelation, frozen frame for a sec or two, and some of the sound issue. I got mine off DirecTV local channels.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited October 2006
    I have a issue with the NBC HD video feed during football games..

Does anyone else notice that it keeps going in focus and out. When the camera switches to the start of the play it is out of focus for a split second and then it clears up. It is really effing annoying. I'm not sure if it is a national thing or is a problem with the local affilliate.(sp)
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,064
    edited October 2006
    Same complaint here to. Watching the Eagles game (don't ask me why) the sound would cut in & out. It's not the first time either. Pisses you off the money you pay for Digital HDTV. They ought to get it right.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2006
    Pretty sure it's just local Dave. Sunday night's HD football game didn't have announcers during the 4th quarter, but the analog side did. I didn't see anyone complaining in the SNF thread in the HD programming section. You might check the Des Moines thread over there to see what they are saying.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2006
    The only problem i encounter sometimes is with all of the channels is that the sound os off from the actual picture sort of like the old kung fu movies. Usually i change the channel and come back to it it goes to normal. As far as the picture being blurry for a second i have not seen that.