Who's hiding from the "Trick or Treaters" ?

pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,064
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Are you one of the one's that keep the curtains closed & the lights off so the little darlings don't think your home? Come on now & fess up!!!! I've come close but the better half won't let me get away with it. To be quite honest it's pretty much fizzled out in my area, hardly any kids any more. I think the schools, churches & such are having parties for the kids so they don't hit the streets as much. Man when I was a kid we were out right after dinner & didn't get back till about 9:00. We even had to go home to get another bag because the first one got too heavy!! I think the kids today are to sheltered & not allowed to have any good old fashioned fun!!
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2006
    We average 150-200 kids each year. I don't want to think what the house would look like if we asked for the trick part rather than the treat.....

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2006
    :p
    McLoki wrote:
    We average 150-200 kids each year. I don't want to think what the house would look like if we asked for the trick part rather than the treat.....
    Michael
    :eek:
    Dam, Halloween must cost you a small fortune.

I hide so i can scare them.:D

I have met some folks that really believe it is sacralegious.
  • McLoki
    edited October 2006
    scottvamp wrote:
    I have met some folks that really believe it is sacralegious.
    Reguardless of what your beliefs are - if they are thrown away or fundamentally changed based on a holiday of dressing up as a fantasy character and asking for candy, I would have to question your definition of faith....

Michael
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2006
    I hide from them, but my Dad and his wife keep the light on and feed the little monsters. I'll be in my room for the rest of the night, listening to the dogs freak out every time the doorbell rings.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • mikesd
    mikesd Posts: 43
    edited October 2006
    My wife loves handing out candy, we average about 100. I will go into the theater and watch the Halloween movie marathon on Monsters HD.:D :D
  • jhermance
    jhermance Posts: 214
    edited October 2006
    We got about a dozen last year and about half that the year before so i guess they are hiding from us!!!
    Samsung UN46C7000
    Cambridge Audio 640R
    Sony BDP-S570
    Magnepan MMG's
    Totem Dreamcatcher Center
    Eleganza™ Bella 1200 High Performance Subwoofer
    Polk R15 Surrounds
    Audioquest Cables
    Panamax 5510-PRO AC Regenerator
    Monster Cable HTS 2500 MKII power cleaner
    Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnects
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    I live on the outskirts of what is considered an afluent area of Philadelphia, it is called Girard Estates (Stephen Girard founder). The people in this neiborhood got tired of having people from all the surrounding neighborhoods (that included undesirables) driving in and walking around collecting their candy. So what they do now is place flyers on all the houses in Girard Estates and the surrounding 3 block area stating that "Girard Estates is celebrating Halloween (paraphrase) the Sunday night before Halloween." All the kids in the neighborhood came through this past Sunday night. Tonight the entire neighborhood is blacked out. We didn't get the flyer so my 9 year old and my wife are trick or treating in my mother-in-laws neighborhood.

When I lived in Malvern, PA, Halloween night was for the kids and the adults in that the kids carried a Halloween bag, the adults carried a shot glass. . . I spent many November 1s with a wicked hang over.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    the past few years we've gotten less than a dozen trick or treaters.... so I end up eating the candy myself. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,700
    edited October 2006
    We've got the lights blazzin, the jack-o-lantern lit and the door open. Still not one trick or treater. We don't really live in a neighborhood and there's no sidewalk, so its not really prime realestate for the candy mongers.

Last year we had only about 5 or 6 show up and the little brats didn't do it until after 8pm. Of course, they were a bunch of young teens.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2006
    I prefer "Trick or Drink".................. walking around to all your friends houses and while the kids are getting their bags filled with candy, you carry a bottle of your favorite adult beverage with you to treat your friends from...... after visiting a few friends houses, it never fails to gain a few more "drinkers" in the party and it just grows as it moves down the block.

Turned trick or treating into a whole new game instead of a chore.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2006
    I average about 50 kids a year, it's kind of nice since they are just local kids from this neighborhood.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Great year here, hasn't stopped yet at 8pm. We've had so many kids, I had Logan come home and empty his bucket, just in case we ran out of candy.

I love Halloween, it gives me a little 'hope' that our great nation may just survive. I love the kids getting out, and hooking them up. Race, creed, religion - it all becomes faceless on all Hallows eve. What a great holiday.

It's ALL about the kids.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2006
    We had about 50 to 60 this year and it was fun. We sat outside and were pretty generous with the goods.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • McLoki
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I love the kids getting out, and hooking them up.
    Everybody that went to Russ's place tonight got an amp or a set of mini-monitors. Wish I lived in his neighborhood.... :)

We came up with about 160 this year - lots of good costumes and my 7 year old had more fun giving out candy when she got back than she did recieving it while out trick or treating.

Its a great holiday that does seem to bring out the best in people.

Michael
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2006
    Russ and his big bowl of tubes.

Holy smokes, I really underestimated the numbers of kids this year. This is my first Halloween handing out the candy, you know, aside from the candy I hand out during my day job. I just had to make a quick emergency run to the store. Its pandemonium outside.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited October 2006
    Even though we had great Christmas's growing up, looking back I think Halloween was my favorite holiday. I'm not joking but I asked my wife if we could dress up this year and go out to get candy! She was all for it, but a few months ago, when she scheduled her grad school classes, we found out we couldn't make it due to her having classes on Thursday. No worries; we ended up going through three bags of candy and are helping to keep a few more dentists practicing.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2006
    we got a total of 4 kids.. then i headed to the bar.. and drank my "treats" LOL
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: