Tennessee State Finals

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited November 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Had TN finals yesterday and it was a blast! Had about 20 SQ cars turn out (40 SPL and about 40 spectators) which is pretty big these days and had the biggest turnout in my class.

Judging was all over the map. The guy that gave me the whopping 60, the highest score in my class for the season, gave me a 51.5 with the EXACT same setup! He wrote "phenomenal" for high frequencies a month ago and gave me a 9.5 but yesterday gave me a 6 (!) and wrote "muted above 15K / no sparkle". What a joke. Still this was consistant as everybody's scores were way lower than what theyre used to.

My nemesis was up there as well and paid me back for beating him at Alabama finals by 1 point by beating me by 1 point.

It doesnt look too good for me at World Finals either. He finally moved his tweeters up to the dash and that was the last edge I had on him.

Thanks to the SR's I can usually edge him out in tonality even tho he has a super fancy processor but my imaging kills me!

With my horrible stock speaker locations with the left being 90 degrees off axis and the right being 10 degrees, my focus is pathetic. And there isnt a thing I can do about it without moving the speakers which I cant do. Frustrating to say the least.

But on the bright side, since I did beat everybody BUT him and have the highest state scores and points I am now the 2006 Tennessee State Champion and I finished 4th overall in points! Its not official yet, not until they award the certificates at World Finals in 2 weeks but I wanted to brag...er I mean pass it on here (plus I want to put it in my sig :D )

So thats one little trophy I can sit next to Thom's collection of about 1000. :p

But seriously, all the credit goes to the SR6500's. Theyre doing all the work!

A pic of me represent'n the colors in the lanes!

2zsohoy.jpg
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2006
    love the banner and congrats on a job well done. I'm going to miss our stores show on dec 17th (triple pointer too), well, ill be there, but wont have everything ready for SQ.
    congrats again bro
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2006
    That's awesome, Mac! Glad to see you putting the Polk banner to good use, too!

I think you need to move your tweeters and get a good EQ...;)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2006
    Concerning imaging, can you use some washers where you screw in your speakers to help angle them just slightly?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    Concerning imaging, can you use some washers where you screw in your speakers to help angle them just slightly?

I tried that but the difference is just too great and in order to get them out far enough to focus up the image, the door panel wont fit.

About the only thing that would fix it would be an EQ that has independant EQ's for each channel. That way I could tune down the frequencies that were coming in at higher intensities. But those run about $800.

There will probably be close to 10 people in my class at finals so as long as I come in within the top 3 Ill consider that a pretty good achievment given what I had to work with.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited November 2006
    good job mac!:D
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage