PS2 fans : New Final Fantasy XII WOW!!!

Options
scottvamp
scottvamp Posts: 3,277
edited June 2008 in Video Games
Just wanted to see if any PS fans are excited about this title. I am not a huge RPG fan, mostly because i have no time. But dam this looks good!!
IGN gave it a 9.5 and these reviewers are really tuff now a days. I have never seen graphics like "Square Soft" delievers and these are suppose to be the best of the franchise. I will be buying this one on Tuesday!!!
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/741/741991p1.html
Post edited by scottvamp on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hm, I wonder if it's like the old Final Fantasy's. X was OK, XI was just not even the same. Hopefullly this is good again.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • scottvamp
    edited October 2006
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Hm, I wonder if it's like the old Final Fantasy's. X was OK, XI was just not even the same. Hopefullly this is good again.
    XI was an online game setup. They are saying, perhaps as good a VII.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited October 2006
    Options
    VII set the bar quite high, I'll wait another week or two and see how it does in the reviews. So far I am quite excited, X was a let down after playing IX, and I don't do online much so never played XI.
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2006
    Options
    VII was a shining beacon unto which all games should bow.
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited October 2006
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote:
    VII was a shining beacon unto which all games should bow.

Bob, I think for once you and I finally agree on something. FF7 was awesome. I put as lot of time into that game and destroyed it. I had just moved to a new state and was single when FF7 came out, and that game helped me pass a lot of time back then.
    Venom
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2006
    Options
    venomclan wrote:
    Bob, I think for once you and I finally agree on something.

See, video games don't just cause violence, they bring us all together. :D
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I played the demo and didn't like the gameplay. Oh well... maybe I'm just getting too old :p
  • scottvamp
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Picked it up at EB today. There was a whole wall full. Got the Strategy guide for 20% off. It is over an inch thick.:eek: Now maybe i will have some time to play it in the future.................

Next game will be God of War II!!!!!!
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 70
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That looks like a lot of fun. I'm curious to hear my ps2 on optical audio...
    I got burned out playing Oblivion on my PC. That game...dang...seriously freaky. I think I got one more rpg left in me, that would be the next Zelda on the Wii.
    Fronts RTI 8 Cherry (Bi-wired/ampd)
    Center CSI 5 Cherry
    Surrounds RTI 6's Cherry
    (Currently fiddling with Mirage Nanosats for l/r surrounds)
    MONSTER HTS 5000 MKII Power Conditioner
    Marantz SR7500 Reciever

Home Brew PC Music Server/Gamer
    Nintendo WEEEEEE!
    Panasonic AX100 Projector
    DIY Screen (for now)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2006
    Options
    yeah, i'll be picking this up fast
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2008
    Options
    This thread (and the associated game) is a year and a half old, but I finally had some time free up and have been playing this a bit. I'm about 20 hours in and very hooked on it. No real complaints, except maybe that the tutorial phase of the game was a bit long and boring. But now that I'm into the meat of it (and I have a LONG way to go) I just can't put it down.

I'm not a video game person at ALL, but always enjoyed the FF series. This is no exception.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Nice. I picked this up a couple months ago and was pretty happy playing it. Its funny, because, as my post above shows, I didn't like the demo.

I'm pretty far along in the game now and I haven't been playing it as much. For some reason, I can't let myself leave an area until I think I've completed the beastiary for it. Also, I'm getting tired of having to talk to 500 people with every new city I come across. I know its not necessary, but I just hate missing stuff -- then I get bored with the details.

Hopefully someday I'll finish it. But COD4 has been taking up my time recently. Also I'll be buying MGS4 so I know I'll be playing that alot.