The new Lexus LS460L will parallel-park itself!!

Options
Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,911
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I go to every Lexus ride and drive that comes to town and I drove this car and let me tell ya folks...it is a kick **** S.O.B.Drove the gs460 hybrid too.
    Lets just say it puts the stereotype of hybrids beiing slow to rest.0-60 in 5.2
    for a hybrid.Thats only a tad slower than a stock Mustang GT.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daniel_paul_
    daniel_paul_ Posts: 189
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That is a hell of a lot faster then the stock (V6) mustang which is 6.9 seconds. 5.2 is really fast if the numbers are correct. My car is rated at 5.4 seconds by the manufacturer, but the magazines all tested it at 5.9-6.1 seconds.

I would love to see how bad you can start and still have it park? Like starting 20 feet away from the curb.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That's no fun. This is the way to parallel park!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFiwUEk1_Z0
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Options
    BMW has the same thing, just not sure if it is available in the US yet.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Danny Tse wrote:

F-that. It takes the fun out of ramming the car in front and behind me as I try to get into the space...Seriously, sweet ride.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • Jockos
    Jockos Posts: 310
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That's pretty slick, I love automation. The autopilot on my bus does everything including **** the throttles on landing! I hope driving becomes that easy.
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited October 2006
    Options
    tonyb wrote:
    I go to every Lexus ride and drive that comes to town and I drove this car and let me tell ya folks...it is a kick **** S.O.B.Drove the gs460 hybrid too.
    Lets just say it puts the stereotype of hybrids beiing slow to rest.0-60 in 5.2
    for a hybrid.Thats only a tad slower than a stock Mustang GT.

Did you drive the new IS350? I took it through their little autocross course 3 times and had the shivvers the rest of the afternoon. That is one quick little car. I used to autocross my '97 Z28 and I'll tell you what, that IS would kick the **** out of my Camaro in a real SCCA autocross event. Oh yea...and forget about the Mustang hanging with it.

Little bit of a bummer you can't turn the traction control off though.

The LS is a monster. Simply unbelievable. i didn't drive the GS.

I am a huge fan of the entire Lexus line. I own a 2001 RX300 and love it. Wish I could pony up for the 350. (yes, it's a little bit of a woman car, but we need an SUV and this is the most drivable SUV I've been in)

Love the new ES also. The only Lexus I don't like is the SC430....lame.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,911
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Yeah,I drove the IS350,and holy crap,that baby is fast and sweet inside.Too small for me.The ES350 is a nice sedan with the push button start,pany roof,a mark levinson player,etc.I have a 10 year old ES300,85,000 miles on her and runs like brand new.I still have the original battery,wiper blades,Freaks out the service guys.I take it in once a year for a check-up.
    Lexus makes one hell of a car.I keep mine garaged of coarse,but the real beauty is....it's frickin paid for.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited October 2006
    Options
    a_mattison wrote:
    Did you drive the new IS350?

I didn't drive it, but I rode along in a test drive. Oh yes....it will push you deep into the seats. :eek: Before taking a ride in it, I thought $40K is a little steep for such a small car.....then the gas pedal was punched....and I now think it's quite a bargain.
  • Lowell_M
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Danny Tse wrote:
    I didn't drive it, but I rode alone in a test drive. Oh yes....it will push you deep into the seats. :eek: Before taking a ride in it, I thought $40K is a little steep for such a small car.....then the gas pedal was punched....and I now think it's quite a bargain.

Its no Corvette, but damn sweet for a 4 door.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited October 2006
    Options
    We just traded for a GX 470 SUV,we have had in the past;3 different Jeeps,a Chevy S-10 Blazer,a Chevy Tahoe,and a Ford Expedition.

I can say without a doubt,this little Lexus is AWESOME...We decided to give them a try,simply based on their re-sale value,and the quality workmanship put into their vehicles...

Only drawback is:it won't park itself:D
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Thats pretty neat.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited October 2006
    Options
    a mattison,

Hi! I am wanting to get a 2004 Lexus (can't remember if it's the 300 or 330) and just wanted to get your opinions on the 2001 you have. Not sure whether I should stay away from it and am hoping you can tell me the good and bad of owning one. Thanks so much.

Cindy
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The new Mercedes Benz will,when in cruse control, stop at a light if a car is infront of you and start to move when traffic starts to go.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Lowell_M
    edited October 2006
    Options
    cindy100 wrote:
    a mattison,

Hi! I am wanting to get a 2004 Lexus (can't remember if it's the 300 or 330) and just wanted to get your opinions on the 2001 you have. Not sure whether I should stay away from it and am hoping you can tell me the good and bad of owning one. Thanks so much.

Cindy

The 2004 would be an RX330. The 330 is pretty much the same as the 300 on the interior with a few improvements. The only complaint that I have (which is minor) about the 300 is that it could have a little more power. The 330 has something like 20 more hp I think. Anyway, I have never driven an SUV that handles like the RX. Plus they are tomblike quite on the inside, even at highway speeds.

I owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Quadra Drive system before my RX and I am actually much more impressed with the RX all wheel drive (believe it or not) The Quadra Drive actually takes a split second for all of the gearing to move power to the wheels with grip. You can feel it happen when a wheel slips. In the RX, traction is seamless. I have driven through some very poor conditions (lots of snow) in the RX with no issues. The vehicle stability control is very nice to have in the snow also.

The interior is...well...its a Lexus interior. Very comfortable, excellent climate control, decent stereo.

I don't really have any bad to tell you. You can't go wrong with a Lexus in my book. I haven't had any maintenenace issues either and have had the car for 50,000 miles.

let me know if you have any more questions. I could talk about cars for hours.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • Lowell_M
    edited October 2006
    Options
    MSALLA wrote:
    The new Mercedes Benz will,when in cruse control, stop at a light if a car is infront of you and start to move when traffic starts to go.

I'm not a big Mercedes fan. I don't have any examples, but seems like I have heard they have reliability problems..???
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I can't really say if they do or don't. I never owned one and never worked on them when I was in that field. As for german cars,I like BMW. I have a 2002 530i now and love it. It has some issues just like all cars but Driving it is a real pleasure.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2006
    Options
    a_mattison wrote:
    Anyway, I have never driven an SUV that handles like the RX. Plus they are tomblike quite on the inside, even at highway speeds.

You gotta try BMW X3. It drives like sedan, I kid you not! I got it for a week loaner while my 525i is in the shop.

Anyone has any opinions of MB E350? I tested drive it around, while it was nice and luxurious, it lacks the oomph of a 530i. The 2007 530i drives magnificent! if it has the old body style, I would have already traded mine.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Man.... all this car talk is great.

I want a BMW 6 series or 5 series... provided its the M version. Too bad I cant say for sure what I want because by the time I buy it in 5 years, new models will be out.

*Sigh*...

Joey
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Lexus is a good car for that average person who just wants a good, reliable luxurious, and solid car to get them from A to B. But for someone who likes to be in touch with the road and likes a little feedback; everything in the Lexus like pretty much stinks. The whole company is focused a little too much on making the cars idiot proof. In doing so they have taken the fun factor out.

I currently own a GS430 which I traded a BMW 330i Sport for. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't regret it in some way. Sure the GS is faster in a straight line, but it is just god awful boring in the turns. I really had high hope for the new IS but they screwed it up too. The steering feel is virtually nonexistent. In terms of a "driver car" the old IS was far better than the new.

I really wish someone would make a true BMW competitor. Sure Infinity pretty much has the suspension dynamics down, but their powerplants aren't nearly as refined and smooth as Bimmer, and they skimp on interior quality to keep the prices down. I understand that from a marketing standpoint it was a good move on their part, but I'm just so sick of everyone claiming that they have a BMW killer, when in reality, they just end up being cheap knockoffs.

OK. Sorry. For some reason this post turned into a rant.:mad:

Time for bed.:o
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I currently own a GS430 which I traded a BMW 330i Sport for. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't regret it in some way. Sure the GS is faster in a straight line, but it is just god awful boring in the turns. I really had high hope for the new IS but they screwed it up too. The steering feel is virtually nonexistent. In terms of a "driver car" the old IS was far better than the new.

By all means,why don't you get rid of that worthless Lexus,and get back into another BMW?
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited October 2006
    Options
    By all means,why don't you get rid of that worthless Lexus,and get back into another BMW?

Forgot to explain that.

Our local BMW and MB dealer is absolutly terrible. Hands down the worst service I have ever had with any car. If it were not for them I would have another Bimmer.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,