Yeah... so my system seems to have begun.

Toxis
Toxis Posts: 5,116
edited October 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I guess I'm starting my audio system little by little. Started by picking up an AudioControl LC6 for $50 from a buddy and then just got a C400.4 amp today for...$49. haha yeah, you read that right. I guess it's good to work in the industry and find the stupid good deals. It's also good when the company you work for does their own in house financing so when something goes on bad credit, REPO! Repo's = f'ing good deals... as above. So I tested it out fully and everything is in great shape. It's got one or two small scratches and no box/manual. DARN!

So now the plan is to get my SR6500's (god they need to get returned/repo'd too!!) and a sub. So do I go with an Image Dynamics 10" to run off the back channels of the 400 or do I wait 6-12 months to get another amp/SR10? If I wait, I can bi-amp the SR's for the mean time and use the OEM sub which is eeehhh but it'll do. I'm thinking about doing the route of the ID10 (or IDQ10). Thoughts?

BTW, don't hate... :D
Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
Post edited by Toxis on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Who repos CA gear? Not CC. Are you kidding?

You buy a tv from a brick and mortar, they have ZERO right to come pick it up, paid or not. I'ma throw the **** flag on this one. Sorry.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    NFM

"Sell Cheap and Tell the Truth"
    Mrs. B, Founder
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Who repos CA gear? Not CC. Are you kidding?

You buy a tv from a brick and mortar, they have ZERO right to come pick it up, paid or not. I'ma throw the **** flag on this one. Sorry.
    maybe they repo the car and the equipment is in the car?

Either way, looks like youre going to have a great set up...and the IDQ 10 is a much better sub than the ID
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    Congrats on the unreal grab! $50! F you!

I would wait and get the SR and a dedicated amp. It will suck having to wait but once you got it Im pretty sure youd be a lot happier than if you went with an IDQ with 200 watts. Plus youll love all the potential tweaking that can be done with bi-amping! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Toxis
    edited October 2006
    Russ - Call BS if you need but I'll be more than happy to show you the receipt where it says it's a repo. You honestly think creditors can't repo product that is unpaid on credit? OK! Tell banks that when they get how many cars a year...

Mac - I definitely want to run a single SR10 but what I might do is get the IDQ10 for a fix until I can save up for the SR and a 500.1. I'm sure the IDQ freeair will be better than what I have now!

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    I can see the car as a whole, but the system inside it (only) is how I read it. Like someone buying a stereo at CC on the store credit card, and CC going after it for non payment.

Sober, it makes more sense now. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Toxis
    edited October 2006
    If someone goes fraudulent on our card, we can't repo the entire car seeing we didn't sell them the entire car, only parts inside it. Honestly, this is the first piece of car audio I've seen repo'd. Usually TV's, Home Stereos/Speakers, furniture etc... yeah we have the right to go collect our product. I bought a Klipsch RSW-15 repo ($2000 MSRP) for $400. Great shape and sounded almost brand new (even though it was over a year old!). Just got a new grill and it was all good.

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    Or if you go buy some amps on a Circuit City credit card and then file bankruptcy, they can get those things back.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D