e-bay Problems.

Options
MSALLA
MSALLA Posts: 1,602
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
I sold a pair of M40's on the bay for 199.61 including freight. The speakers were in perfect shape and I sent them insured to protect the buyer.
Now he sent me a message that he wants a refund because the speakers have a crack, pushed in driver, corner damage and grill damage. He also states that one of the drivers was replaced. I bought these new at circuit city.I never had any work done to these speakers. Could it be possible that a driver was replaced before polk shiped them? I don't see CC having them repaired and reboxing them. I have sold 3 things on e-bay and may just post them in the flee market from now on. If I take them back I will be out the cost of the paypal (no big deal) and get back speakers that are now in my opinion worthless.
Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
Yamaha RX-V2500
(2) Outlaw 200
Adcom GFA 555
Sony BDP300
Denon 2900 DVD
Lsi9's mains
Lsi7's rear
Lsic center
12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
Harmony 880
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hmmmm, something smells fishy to me.. i would have the buyer take lots of pictures of the damage and send them to you via email. then file a claim with the shipping company.. since they are insured.. then tell him to go Eff himself.

Unless you packed them up in a sloppy manner.. sounds like you didn't though.

have a nice day! ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited October 2006
    Options
    did you get pictures to prove his alligations?
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited October 2006
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    Hmmmm, something smells fishy to me.. i would have the buyer take lots of pictures of the damage and send them to you via email. then file a claim with the shipping company.. since they are insured.. then tell him to go Eff himself.

ED Z
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Make sure he isn't doing a bait and switch with a different set of speakers. Definitely get photos. If the speaker is as banged up as he said, the box will be damaged as well. If you accepted Paypal, make sure to get the money transferred into your account immediately in case he files a claim and Paypal tries to freeze your funds.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • MSALLA
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I still have pictures on my laptop of the speakers when I had them. I told him I will send them to him if needed. I will ask for pictures if this continues. I also told him to contact Polk to see if I had any warrenty work done. I know UPS gets rough. I deal with them for work every day. Sometimes the box will just look soft when it's deliverd and the contents are all banged up. They went from Philly to Florida. All he has to do is contact ups and he can get his money back. The replacement driver has me confused though.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2006
    Options
    In the end, if they got damaged (and even if he is only claiming they got damaged) have UPS pick them up and inspect them. That is part of their daily operation. They will either pay or not. That is all up to them, not you. That is why insurance was paid.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    Options
    One other thought...What difference would it make anyhow if a driver had been replaced unless it wasn't the same as original stock? It it works, it works. Is he insinuating you abused the speakers because a driver had been replaced. IMO, that is irrelevent and makes me a bit suspicious, but UPS is known to damage pieces. You have to initiate the claim and he should get a refund.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The bottom line here is you insured them for his protection, HIS PROTECTION. If his pictures are of the same speakers but damaged, HE needs to call UPS and file a claim unless the insurance is in your name. I feel sorry for the guy if he is on the up and up but this is why you buy insurance on items shipped.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hope you marked down your serial numbers.
  • MSALLA
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Demiurge wrote:
    Hope you marked down your serial numbers.
    :

You know, I didn't do that:mad: But I did register them with polk so they should have it on line.
    Bottom line is I do ALOT of shiping with ups for work and will contact them for the insurance and see to it he gets the payment from them. I however, am not reaching in my pocket to get back speakers that are now worthless and might not even be mine.

How would he be able to look at a driver and tell if it was replaced?
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880