Commercials

MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Here in Baltimore every commercial break on a local station here (105.7 WHFS) has a Polk Audio I sonic commercial AND/or a Tweeter commercial.

Anyone else having the same advertising push in there area?
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited October 2006
    Yes, I hear it all the time here in pittsburgh (not tweeter, just I-sonic with hd radio from crutchfield)
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Hm, haven't heard one yet, but it's good to see them getting the name out there I guess.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited October 2006
    It's here in Houston, too.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    Haven't heard a thing about Polk here in Philly except by this site.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited October 2006
    Being another baltimore guy, I'm hearing them alot lately also.

I was extremely impressed with it at Polkfest. Polkasaurous Paul told us a little bit on the history of that gem along with the principle designer/engineer.

Big score for Polk!
    No excuses!
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited October 2006
    Though I love Polk I really see this item as an upgraded Bose Waveradio. I know this has XM capability, HD radio, and DVD play back, but I cannot see this seriously as being used as your DVD player and the other seem wasted on a $600 clock radio.

Not trying to be argumentative, I just do not see this as innovative enough to pull in the general public by storm. Better ways to stream music without compression, wireless speakers that do not lose resolution, car stereos that integrate complete Ipod control and have bluetooth capability... Now that would be innovative.

Of course, I am happy that Polk is actually advertising again. It would be nice to have Polk has a household word again. Keep up the advertising!
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited October 2006
    Heard my first-ever Polk commercial today on the radio; actually got a little pumped about that !!!

It looks to me like Polk is taking a more agressive, and warranted, approach to getting their name out there.
    In any business, it takes more effort to tread water and remain where you are at in the market than it does to move forward.

I say: GO FOR IT !!

While I understand, Holydoc your points, the ISonic isn't targeted, I believe, at the general public. It is meant to broaden Polk's placement in a defined, relatively narrow market with a, by all accounts, well-designed piece of equipment.
    Generally speaking, the narrower the market focus, the higher the price.

I think the ISonic is a nice shot at getting the Polk name out there at a price that people will pay for the rewards/benefits they get.
    Sal Palooza
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited October 2006
    I agree 100% that the Polk name would benefit greatly by advertising. I guess I never understood why they backed off from advertising to begin with. Now it is a catch-up game rather than leading the pack.

Now lets get more products out there for the public to see. Polk has to remember that the people are getting lazier and lazier. They do not want to shop around for stuff anymore. They want to be told on TV and radio what to buy. It is the American way. :)
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote