Options
schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,328
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Greetings!

I bought an SACD of "Friday Night in San Francisco" by Al DeMeola, John McLaughlin and Paco Luca a couple of weeks ago based on some rave reviews by Forum members.

This live concert has great sound quality performed by accomplished musicians. However, the music just doesn't blow my skirt up. I'm offering it as Karma to Forum members.

To qualify just post and "In please" and state what current SACD player(s) you own and give me another SACD or DVD-A recommendation. I will make a random drawing on Monday night, send the disc out Tuesday so you can have it for listening next Friday night.

Please note this is a two channel SACD, not hybrid or multichannel and will play only on an SACD player.

This album features some great music and I want someone who wants this to own it so it doesn't collect dust in my collection.

Good luck to all!!!!
Carl

Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2006
    Options
    wow...great karma; I love that CD (and have the normal version...so not in).

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited October 2006
    Options
    In please!
    currently using an Oppo 970 to play SACD's (so far not real pleased with it's playback...details later)
    May I suggest SACD Multichannel: GODSMACK: The Other Side.
    It's a great mix of accoustic versions of Godsmack tunes.
    I am really not a fan of their music in most cases. Bought this because it was the best in the rack at the time. Recording and mix are faboo!
    brad
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,365
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Great Karma Carl! In please.

Modwright Sony 999ES SACD with Signature Truth Mods, Acoustic Zen copper Umbilical cord upgrade. Current tubes are NOS Bendix 6900 (ICBM warhead tubes).

If you like acoustic guitar, try Ulli Bogershausen Personal Favorites on SACD. It has a CD and SACD layer.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,235
    edited October 2006
    Options
    In please!

Currently using a Sony SCD-C333ES n my 2-ch system and a Denon DVD-2900 in my HT setup.

If you like Elton John's early music, I can tell you the sound quality his SACDs is fantastic! I can also tell you that Yourmusic.com has about 5 of his early albums available on SACD. The SACDs are only 5.99 each (11.98 for G-bye Yellowbrick Rd)
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Great Karma!

In please, Denon-3910
    Two of my fav's...Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaugh.. also a yourmusic.com
    and heart live in seattle.

t
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Sweet! In please!

Modwright Sony 9100ES with the Platinum Truth mods, Acoustic Zen Umbilical and a new tubed rectified power supply. Tubes: Bendix 6900 & Tung Sol 5687.

Mark O'Connor (one of the premier fiddlers on the planet) has created a jazz trio called Mark O'Connor's Hot Swing Trio and his newest release on Sony SACD is quite a remarkable listen. Very well recorded he adds a couple songs each with Jane Monheit and Wynton Marsalis.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'll miss Hank as always, but Monday night in Dallas, with the Giants in town? It doesn't get much better down here, moreso than the Injuns on turkey day.

MNF
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited October 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I'll miss Hank as always, but Monday night in Dallas, with the Giants in town? It doesn't get much better down here, moreso than the Injuns on turkey day.

MNF

Damn! I miss those 8 legged turkeys!
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'm in please............Pioneer Elite DV45A.....I like Diana Krall - The Girl in The Other Room (SACD) and Donald Fagen - Kamikiriad (DVD-A)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    Options
    In please. Sony SCD-CE775, Sony SCD-C2000ES.

Allman Brothers - Eat A Peach

The Police - Synchronicity
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Options
    In please

Have Phillips 963sa...

Would recommend: Steeley Dan: Gaucho
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2006
    Options
    In please. I also have the philips 963sa.
    I recommend route 66 that nelson riddle sound by Erich kunzel and the cincinati pops.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • schwarcw
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'll draw a winner tonight around 11:00 PM. We'll give some others a chance this evening to sign up!

Carl
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,365
    edited October 2006
    Options
    schwarcw wrote:
    I'll draw a winner tonight around 11:00 PM. We'll give some others a chance this evening to sign up!

Carl

Is that Eastern Time? Mom let you stay up that late?:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • schwarcw
    edited October 2006
    Options
    All right! Time to pick the winner. I wanted to have some fun with this (drawings are so blas
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Look at the pic!!!!!
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Congratulations!!! PM me your address and I'll send out the CD tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for participating and the SACD recommendations. I do own many of the recommendations already, but I will buy several more based on your opinions.

Carl
    Carl

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Let me take this moment to thank all involved. Carl for starting this great karma,
    Shannon who is poised to be the next vanna white, and last but not least curious george without you george, bill would have won.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,235
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Dang, I should have started Rogers in that last game! Kinda stinks knowing I was that close. Congrats Esavinon.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...