Attempted Paypal Scam

reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
I received an e-mail from sales@starbucks.com with paypal logos all over it, it had a bar to click to authorize payment for 149.98 from my credit card. The e-mail has all the regular paypal background stuff, disclaimers and so on and it includes a contact paypal button which likely takes you somewhere you dont want to be. It quite realistically appears to be from paypal except in one place it says paypal!, just passing it on.

I have reported it to the authorities.

RT1
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2006
    Wouldn't you like to meet those clowns one on one for only one minute.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Teddy.. you must really like espresso my friend.. $149 in coffee? damn. ha ha ha.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    You've seen Ted, right?

More like $9 in coffee, $140 in pastries.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for the heads up
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Paypal sucks :D

Major sucktitude.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited October 2006
    Sign me up! Paypal for everyone! Hell, I'm going to see if my employer can just set my direct deposit up with my Paypal account. Take a little bit of hassle out of my life. :D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Waaaaaaaaaaa.............Russman got it, the .98 was for the server as I am the last of the big tippers. 140.00 bucks in cream puffs since I am such softy.

I just hope they catch the a-holes but there is so much internet crime, we just opened a whole new division at the Training Center to deal with internet stuff. yep, big bro is gearing up. yikes, of course with so many crooks you catch one and another one steps in, hehehe job security.

I got a form letter e-mail back from paypal today, not really thinking they are that interested as they told me to dispute any charge with my CC company. Which is SOP.

I am going to see some of my Fed buds on Monday, see if someone can light a fire somewhere as its not my area.

RT1

Edit: Well since Paypal is not that interested they are getting a +1 added to their suckiocity scale!!