Pioneer 533HD5 RPTV HDTV N. VA pickup only

Options
Emlyn
Emlyn Posts: 4,377
edited October 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
*****SALE PENDING******

I've decided to sell my 1080i Pioneer rear projection HDTV monitor (53" 16:9 diagonal widescreen):

1080i native resolution
2 component video inputs (4 total)
72 point manual convergence set points

Purchased new locally 5 years ago and has worked without a problem since. It was under an extended warranty which expired last year. Operated with a high quality power conditioner throughout ownership. Not used with video games so screen burn-in was never an issue. Broadcast HDTV looks as good on it as on any of the current TV's on the market, and sound quality is much better because of the decent sized speakers in it. Excellent condition, although a little dusty. A lens cleaning and professional calibration may improve the picture further if you want to try, but I never thought it was necessary.

Local pickup in Northern Virginia only. If you or someone you know wants it, you must move it out of my house by Saturday morning, October 28--no exceptions. The set weighs about 210 lbs, but has casters. You and one or two friends will have to be able to move it down a straight flight of stairs, and haul it in a truck of some sort. Once you have viewed the TV and agreed to purchase, movement is your responsibility and/or risk.

Price: $200 firm. Manual and remote included.

Stock photo below. Google "533HD5" for more information on the set.

*****SALE PENDING*****
Post edited by Emlyn on

Comments

• warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'll take it! Jeff
  • 2+2
    2+2 Posts: 546
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hi Mark...I know you are an AV guy...so what are you getting?
    System 1: Martin Logan Vantage, Rotel RC 1070, B&K Reference 200.2, Music Hall DAC 15.2, Yamaha 2300

System 2: LSi15 w/db840, Marantz SR8400, Rotel 1080, RM6800 (C&S), Sony X2020ES

System 3: LSi7, Yamaha SW215, Music Hall Maven, Music Hall MMF CD25 w/627opamps

System 4: RTi100, Harman Kardon AVR 230, Panasonic DVD
  • Emlyn
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Sale pending to Jeff.

I'm probably going to try a JVC 56" D-ILA. The colors look better to me than the Sony SXRD's, and the DLP's do weird things to my eyeballs. Main reason for upgrade is to get HDMI and upsampling of standard DVD, not because the mature CRT technology itself produces inferior pictures to what's available on the market now.
  • 2+2
    2+2 Posts: 546
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Sounds like a plan....get it from Costco...they had them couple weeks ago..I have read that the JVCs may have bulb issues...and customer service is rather bad...(I am snooping around for a TV my self)....good luck...
    System 1: Martin Logan Vantage, Rotel RC 1070, B&K Reference 200.2, Music Hall DAC 15.2, Yamaha 2300

System 2: LSi15 w/db840, Marantz SR8400, Rotel 1080, RM6800 (C&S), Sony X2020ES

System 3: LSi7, Yamaha SW215, Music Hall Maven, Music Hall MMF CD25 w/627opamps

System 4: RTi100, Harman Kardon AVR 230, Panasonic DVD
  • Emlyn
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Just ordered the JVC 56" from Best Buy. Not sure what the Costco in-store price is, but Best Buy was undercutting their Web price with free delivery by more than $500 this week. I usually go through Best Buy/Circuit City/Belmont for TV's because of return policy and they price match if asked nicely. I understand Costco's return policy is great. I go there occasionally but never joined up.