RM6600 setup w/ Sony DE945

volsellis
volsellis Posts: 2
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
New Polkie...Just installed RM6600 sat/sub system w/ Sony DE945 receiver. I am using Polk-suggested setup with sub-out "No" and front spkrs @ "Large" run through 350 sub. Pleased with bass response, but curious if anyone knows best rec. no frequency adjustments per channel allowed on Sony. What are best crossover levels for fronts/center and rears? I currently have the subs filter and gain set at factory recs.(roughly 1:00 on dials).Thanks...and, I am really glad I wasn't successful on some Bose e-bay bidding....love the Polk sound so far!
Post edited by volsellis on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting your question on the Forum. Since the question concerned the adjustments on your Sony receiver, I thought perhaps a fellow Sony owner would respond. To the best of my knowledge, I believe what you are referring to is Sony's system of tone adjustment. Kind of a built-in frequency equalizer, you pick the frequency range and then decide on the amount of frequency increase or decrease. Sony typically uses the four "arrows" on the remote to move left and right and up and down. You determine the frequency range to be effected, 20 to 200 Hz, for example and then increase or decrease by using the two up and down arrows on the remote. My recommendation is to have each of the frequency bands adjusted to "0" dB. Making no increase of decrease in any frequency range, especially if you have a well balanced sound. Some owners are a little bit confused by Sony's nomenclature, they use the term "crossover frequency", but the function is really behaving as a tone control with specific frequency capability. Again, I would suggest setting everything as neutral as possible. I hope this is helpful information.
    Best regards, Ken Swauger
  • volsellis
    volsellis Posts: 2
    edited September 2001
    Thanks for the help:)