Something fishy going on here

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,160
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2006
    well, just by the fact that he includes a separate email address and says not to use the "contact seller", does make it very fishy....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    And that the description and pictures from the two ads are the same.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • heiney9
    edited October 2006
    audiobliss wrote:
    And that the description and pictures from the two ads are the same.

Yep, but they are listed under 2 different sellers w/very different feedback ratings. Perhaps a stolen account.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    This is the same guy who was running the scam on the Mark Levinson 333s back in July & August. I won the bid for $3300 and he had this really elaborate scam going that I almost feel for. Trust me this is the same character. He will tell you that he is out of Notingham England and that he will ship them free through a third party. He'll also tell you that he won't be paid until you get the product and test it for seven days.

Looks like he's up to his old scam and tricks again.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    I reported those to eBay already.
  • heiney9
    edited October 2006
    I reported those to eBay already.

Thanks.....I hadn't gotten around to doing it yet. F%*&ing scammers I hate them :mad:
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    Never send funds to England or Nigeria.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2006
    When the auction is in hrs. instead of days and the seller wants you to contact him/her at a different e-mail address, all the lights should start flashing. A lot of frauds from England for speakers.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2006
    Both auctions are removed now. I did see one ad really similar, but the guy was from Australia, I believe.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited October 2006
    That asshat has been running these type of scams for quite awhile now. I report him everyday!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    Before or after you spit on receivers??

:D

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!:D
    TroyD wrote:
    Before or after you spit on receivers??

F1nut wrote:
    That asshat has been running these type of scams for quite awhile now. I report him everyday!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    F1nut wrote:

LOL - asshat is a new one to me waaaaaaa!
  • heiney9
    edited October 2006
    Asshat and Poo Nuggets my two favorite terms learned right here on CP :p
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2006
    This is the learning place.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2006
    This is why I always ask about local pick up. Even to England! I send a note to the seller on the ask a seller a question, not the email address. That normally results in a listing being pulled by the account's true owner.
    I found a bunch of those $99 starting bid ads from England for big ticket
    audio stuff from guys that always sold everything BUT audio equipment.
    Guys that sell nothing but riding tack don't start selling a bunch of Krell amps
    out of the blue.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson