Album Karma!

dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited November 2006 in The Clubhouse
Time to give a little back! I have an album titled Music From the Body - by Ron Geesin and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. This album is just the weirdest thing you are ever going to hear. It's these two guys trying to make music by using sounds made by their bodies! Even drug and alchohol induced college kids can't make it through one side of the album before going into complete hysterical breakdown :D I took this to a record collectors swap meet and it seems to be a pretty rare album, no one had seen one to put a value on it and they couldn't find it in the books! It's a 1970 EMI/Jem/Import records release, and I think that it's a soundtrack from a film called "the body". The jacket does have a cut-out punch in the corner, otherwise in excellent condition.

For the serious Pink Floyd collector this might be a prized find, for the rest of you this will be pure amusement :rolleyes: The rules are 25 post minimum, and I will have Tigger the audio cat select the lucky winner a week from tonight!
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
Post edited by dkg999 on

Comments

• starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited October 2006
    I'm in!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2006
    In please.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2006
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    In please, can't wait . . .love weird LPs.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    I'm in!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    In, please
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2006
    And Tigger the audio cat has chosen ................ Demi!!!! Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner! PM sent shortly!

Sorry for the delay! I had a close friend of the family pass away last week and I had to be out of town for a few days.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited October 2006
    sorry no phono here, possibly in the not to distant future
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2006
    Excellent recording! I have the cd version. Highly recommended.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    How the hell did I miss this one?

GREAT karma!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    In please.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2006
    Shackdaddy, it's OVER. (hence my post)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    I just like typing "In please".......
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2006
    Freak.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2006
    Thanks again, Doug! I'll be giving this a spin tomorrow when I get a chance! :D