Lay's estate protected?

Options
PolkThug
PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Nice technicality. It would be a shame if his family gets to keep all those millions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15306994/
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• seo
    seo Posts: 305
    edited October 2006
    Options
    :mad: trying not to post...........:mad: :(
    Signature goes here
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2006
    Options
    The man is dead. Let it go.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I hope satan is poking him in the a$$ while we type.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:

The victims are alive. Can't let go.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    edited October 2006
    Options
    He got off to fricken easy - dying while on a sking trip!! That shameless **** should have been in jail when he kicked the bucket. Every penny he's got to his dead **** name should be turned over to help the families that he destroyed!! May he forever rot in HELL!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    Options
    that estate aint safe yet. that **** will be tied up for years in probate with what will ultimatly be a slew of civil suits. I aint losing sleep about it. luckily it didnt effect me, but it affected ALOT of people.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited October 2006
    Options
    How convenient :mad:

I think his victims just got screwed a second time.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:

You're right. He may be dead, but ..... well, he still has feelings, for gosh sakes !

Oh, sure, he may have screwed a lot of people, but ..... well, it's their fault that they were trusting of a man whom they should have known was a liar by his slick BS.

Of course, the same rules apply going the other way, too.
    His family calls your service company with a "We can't get heat !" call.
    You check it out, it's a $9 thermocouple.
    ....well, Lay's family should know that ! If they don't, it's their fault when you tell them they need a new furnace. Of course, you'll need new sheet metal work for the new A-coil.......have to replace half the duct work in the house to tie into that new sheet metal.......gosh, the condensing unit outside will need replacing, too !

.....Well, whaddya know ?! It looks like it'll run about $15,000 to get that heat back on in your house. Oh, you need it before January ? Well, I guess we can schedule a crew in on OT.....that'll be an additional $4500, I'm afraid.

......So, what's the problem ? Mrs. Lay should know the ins and outs of residential heating, ventilation, and cooling. If she doesn't, and she wants heat before winter, than it's obviously a case that she's just a greedy person who should have known better.

Oh, this is a pre-emptive post for the knucklehead that's going to post, "Well, the people who lost their money were greedy and should have known better".

:cool:
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited October 2006
    Options
    They should lock his wife up in his place. What a pile of BS!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I read this morning that his conviction has been thrown out because he died. According to the judge if you can't appeal the conviction it must be overturned.
  • rodneeb
    rodneeb Posts: 29
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Maybe it's a plot by the family and he's with elvis and bruce lee somewhere?
  • rodneeb
    rodneeb Posts: 29
    edited October 2006
    Options
    ...of course i'm not saying he belongs in their company...Anyways, my $0.02 says his estate should go towards the civil suits.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Betcha can't eat just one!
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited October 2006
    Options
    rodneeb wrote:

Writing songs with Tupak.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited October 2006
    Options
    rodneeb wrote:

Bruce Lee should give Lay a roundhouse kick....