More allegations re CD copying, etc

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2002 in Music & Movies
Some interesting numbers. Is it an inflated report intended as propaganda for the copy prevention lobby? I have no idea.

www.stereophile.com/shownews.cgi?1383
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2002
    Interesting....

-R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2002
    i herd that philips wants to cal the copy protected cd something else and not have it with the cd in the stores
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2002
    Yes, Philips has stated that copy-protected "CDs" don't meet red book standards & therefore can't be called "CDs". But if enuff companies decide to make them, they can just call them "music discs" (or whatever the hell they want to call them) & have their own section or just be mixed in with the CDs. But hey, analog recording is unaffected, & hackers will always break codes.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2002
    In my travels through Korea and Japan, Korea especially, you wouldn't believe how blatant the scams are. Shoot, not that I did it but in Korea (1998) you could buy copies of MS Office 97 for less than 10 bucks on the street. There were dozens of music stores that I know didn't have 1 legit cd in them. It was simply amazing how blatant the piracy is.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut