The Brawl

univera
univera Posts: 848
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Sorry for the included crapo music, but appropriate nonetheless for thug ball...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n5yX3oZfBU&mode=related&search=

Nothing like kicking and punching a guy with a helmet on....and swinging a heavy metal object at a random player who happens to not be wearing a helmet. Pause it and you will see it. The swinging helmet guy went after the unprotected head of his opponent. Easily could have killed that guy if it had landed. Too bad both teams stink anyhow...
UNIVERA
Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
AVR: NAD T 773
Rears: Polk LC80i
DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
Subs: Velodyne and M&K
T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2006
    I missed it completely!!! Was this on Saturday!? Unbelievable.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2006
    I saw that on TV. 31 players have been suspended so far, and I heard that several could lose their scholarships.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    What did they expect playing that 'rap' music during the game?

Cheers,
    Tipper Gore
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    What a disgrace.

Way too many worthless, low life thugs in sports these days.

Its like that scumbag on the Titans that raked his cleats down the side of the face of a player who had his helmet off.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    Check this out. I heard his comments several times today. Still wants to be a thug. Now he's a jobless thug.

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/miami-analyst-fired-for-brawl-comments/20061016142309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2006
    Hopefully many of Miami's players will be suspended for at least 2 games. I'll take any help I can get for the Ramblin' Wreck of Georgia Tech!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • univera
    edited October 2006
    A good friend is a Tech fan and has season tickets. He's flying high right now. Being a Gamecock fan, I am a huge GT fan this weekend. Clemson is due to loss after Wake gave the game away last week. I'm still ill from that...
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited October 2006
    THIS is why sports are getting pathetic and hard to watch. Well, except for Hockey. :D

Seriously though, these pieces of **** need to all be banned from playing a professional sport ever again. F' you guys if you're that f'ing ghetto and thuggish to fight THAT kind of fight in a game. Seriously, swinging helmets in a basic attempt to SERIOUSLY hurt someone (if not kill), stomping on people with cleats. F' them all. F' them all! And to make you think a bit more, would it have been this bad if it hadn't have been for that POS from the Titans who did it in the NFL? F' that guy to. He also should not be allowed back into the sport. If that's your character, you're gone.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    Miami tried to start something when they came to Louisville... all their players converged on "the Bird" at midfield before the game and started to stomp on it in unison. With the exception of a few shoves and a lil' jawing, the Cardinals fortunately restrained themselves.

... and then proceeded to utterly destroy the Hurricanes on the field.

What a bunch of low-life thugs... I imagine they try this crap wherever and whenever they play. Funny how a program that was built to prominence this way has finally began to devour its own tail.

And as for the announcer.... since when did Ohio Valley Wrestling start promoting up?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2006
    I haven't watched the Canes ever since the grandstanding days of Jimmy Johnson. I have been turned off ever since.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    I hear they're going to be pulling hard for Barry Alvarez (Badgers), and if anyone can turn around that thug program, it's him. Great guy, great coach, but if I were him I would run as fast as I could in the other direction.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    I really hope Alvarez spits on the invite.... nothing would bring me more pleasure than seeing Miami devolve into a third-tier program.

Go FSU!
    Go Florida A&M!
    Go Florida!
    Go Florida International!
    Go Florida Community and Technical College!
    Go Hair and Beautician School of the State of Florida!

Eff Miami
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    I really hope Alvarez spits on the invite.... nothing would bring me more pleasure than seeing Miami devolve into a third-tier program.

Go FSU!
    Go Florida A&M!
    Go Florida!
    Go Florida International!
    Go Florida Community and Technical College!
    Go Hair and Beautician School of the State of Florida!

Eff Miami

I hope he does too, but the connection to Donna Shalala is there. She and Pat Richter lured him from Notre Dame back in '89, and is still in love with the guy. I hope he doesn't leave either because he's our athletics director up here.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2006
    Not for nothing, but you wounder why young kids are so violent today when the players they look up to act like trash.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2006
    That's pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

I'd be happy if those players lost scholarships and or were thrown out of the universities. Should be easy enough to see who did what, everyone is wearing numbers.
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    Not for nothing, but you wounder why young kids are so violent today when the players they look up to act like trash.

It's pretty easy to explain. What you saw in the video was the equivalent of an inner city gang war. It was a bunch of thugs beating the crap out of eachother for being dissed in their house. It's the same crap you see in the ghetto. They'll beat people in the heads with their helmets on the field, and in the hood you'll get beat to an inch of your life or shot at.

They say the worst thing you can do in the hood is diss someone. That's the same thing that happened here. They can't handle a little bit of verbal jarring. Anyone ever tell you that you suck on the basketball court? Did you beat their head in for doing it? What kind of mental midgets are these people?

The bottom line is there isn't one damn thing any white person can do about it. It's up to the leaders of the black community to speak up and condemn this gang culture that has been a pox on their community. That's the only thing that's going to get this kind of stuff to stop, but hey -- we're not supposed to say that. It's racist and bigoted. :rolleyes:
  • MSALLA
    edited October 2006
    Not being able to take a small "diss" is called insecurity.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    Not being able to take a small "diss" is called insecurity.

I agree, but listen to the music...It's the message of the hip hop culture. :confused:
  • MSALLA
    edited October 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    I agree, but listen to the music...It's the message of the hip hop culture. :confused:

No, I can't do it. I'm not going to listen to that music.:D
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    No, I can't do it. I'm not going to listen to that music.:D

C'mon, don't hate da playa, hate da gizame :p
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2006
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited October 2006
    What's up wit dat, gangsta ?
    Sal Palooza
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    univera wrote:
    Check this out. I heard his comments several times today. Still wants to be a thug. Now he's a jobless thug.

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/miami-analyst-fired-for-brawl-comments/20061016142309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

It just goes to show that you can take the worthless thug out of the ghetto.......but you are still stuck with a worthless thug.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    Believe it or not this all started when the NFL started allowing personal celebrations. Before all that started you did your job on the field got up, ran (if you could) back to the huddle and the guys in the huddle gave you a little pat on the rump, then play resumed. All this BS of celebrating and grand standing and hot dogging has slowly lead to the gangsterization & ghettoization of sports.

The i has slowly crept into the word team. That is what sports are all about now. Me Me Me, Look at Me, I am the greatest! I just made a tackle, it's the only tackle I made all game but look at ME ME ME!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    hearingimpaired, are you crazy?

The NFL never "started allowing" grandstanding or celebration, players just started doing it, and eventually the NFL made a rule about it due to overly sensitive types being upset by it. Yes, it's unsportsmanlike, but on the other hand, it's entertaining to a lot of viewers, and most people forget that the NFL is just a product put on the field to entertain viewers. Plus, the current NFL rules prohibit two types of celebration - pre-planned, and GROUP. Group celebration should be encouraged, it's showing team cameraderie; at the very least it should be encouraged over individual celebration, shoudn't it?

The problem is the culture itself, it has NOTHING to do with football. (BTW, this is college football, so how the NFL has anythign to do with it I'll never understand). The culture glorifies violence through music, movies, and everything else, and that is beginning to carry through to all aspects of life, including onto sports fields.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    It's good to hear that Miami's student body government is attempting to override the one-game suspensions in favor of something a little more stiff.
  • Demiurge
    edited October 2006
    It's good to hear that Miami's student body government is attempting to override the one-game suspensions in favor of something a little more stiff.

Cristal?
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited October 2006
    LOL

Actually I'm thinking lil' Hyp n' Hennessey
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    hearingimpaired, are you crazy?

The NFL never "started allowing" grandstanding or celebration, players just started doing it, and eventually the NFL made a rule about it due to overly sensitive types being upset by it. Yes, it's unsportsmanlike, but on the other hand, it's entertaining to a lot of viewers, and most people forget that the NFL is just a product put on the field to entertain viewers. Plus, the current NFL rules prohibit two types of celebration - pre-planned, and GROUP. Group celebration should be encouraged, it's showing team cameraderie; at the very least it should be encouraged over individual celebration, shoudn't it?

The problem is the culture itself, it has NOTHING to do with football. (BTW, this is college football, so how the NFL has anythign to do with it I'll never understand). The culture glorifies violence through music, movies, and everything else, and that is beginning to carry through to all aspects of life, including onto sports fields.

Good point but I'm not convinced.

When the pros set the example, college, high school, Pop Warner, etc follow suit. I coached Pop Warner in West Chester, PA for 10 years around the late 80's and early 90's and watched the kids evolve into what the pros had been projecting. One of the (seamingly silly to some) rules of the league was no doo rags because the kids were trying to act like Neon (dick head) Dion on the field and would end up getting beat up pretty bad on the field. The coaches that kept to the fundmentals NEVER allowed kids to behave like that me, me, me, because they weren't pros and could not be as good. When coaches of teams would allow them to do the grandstanding and hot dogging the kid would get crushed on the field.

It started back then.

I agree with you about the culture but what is allowed in the pros trickles down.

The answer to your question is YES!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,064
    edited October 2006
    Both teams should be suspended for the rest of the season. Period!!!! That kind of violent outbreak should be met head on. Send a lesson loud & clear -this kind of behavior will cost you the priveledge of playing in the league & costing your college a ton of money. As it stands now there is no deterent for this kind of action. What a shame!!! But I guess there's too much money involved to issue anything more than a slap on the wrist.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.