Does such a thing exist?

Options
brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,621
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
Ok, so in my many trips across the midwest, something has struck my curiousity and I cannot seem to find an answer to this.

I know that there are white/black cows, white/brown cows, all brown cows, and all black cows. What I would like to know is why I haven't ever seen a black/brown cow. This seems entirely logical that it could be something that would exist, but in the thousands of miles I've traveled I have yet to see this elusive beast.

What's the deal on why there are no black/brown cows?
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Okayyyyy.... did you forget to take your meds today? :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Where do you think chocolate milk comes from? :p
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Brett this is supposedly the hide off a brown & black cow.:)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Options
    It's okay, I think I've got just what you're looking for:

40243058.SexyCow.jpg

I'm not going to ask any questions.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4662459290632602489&q=%22milking+a++cow%22&hl=en
    Sal Palooza
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I'm sure there are a few black cows covered in **** somewhere up here.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited October 2006
    Options
    That's a good question. Kinda wondered about that myself.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2006
    Options
    I cannot take any spoken word as to the validity of my question. I need visual proof that such an anomoly exists.

And hearing, thank you for that, but I'm looking for a black/brown cow.....no white in the mix (though technically a black/brown/white is just as unique).
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Brett, if you go back to posting some nice hotness in the Joy thread you won't have to worry about the color of cows!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2006
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    Brett, if you go back to posting some nice hotness in the Joy thread you won't have to worry about the color of cows!

Waaaaaaaaaaa! yeah lets see all the hotties at PF06 :eek: :confused:;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    I cannot take any spoken word as to the validity of my question. I need visual proof that such an anomoly exists.

And hearing, thank you for that, but I'm looking for a black/brown cow.....no white in the mix (though technically a black/brown/white is just as unique).

Okay, I'll continue looking. Believe it or not this has my curiosity going.:)
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    Options
    the things I waste my time on !

Well, there is a black and brown cow in Welsh folklore. It's a magical cow called the "Fuwch Frech".
    From the "Encyclopedia Mythica":

"The Fuwch Frech is a magic cow, brindled black and brown. When a person is in great need, she will suddenly appear to fill the largest milk pail and then vanish. She seems to belong to fairies. One man said that after she visited him he heard a voice call her, and saw the cow disappear into a lake.

Also, from the "Mystical World Wide Web":

According to Welsh folklore, a freckled cow named 'Y Fuwch Frech' became a victim of witchcraft in a place called Cerrigydrugion. She grazed on Hiraethog Mountain and was known for supplying a healthy yield to anyone in need of milk. Witches were believed to be the dreaded enemy of cattle and it was said that a witch milked her not into a bucket but into a sieve. The witch was determined to have all the milk and so continued to draw milk until the cow was driven to madness. As a result she drowned herself in Llyn Dau Ychen. The witch had achieved her goal.
    The name 'Fairy Cattle' is believed to have originated from ancient times when wild cattle wandered Britain. Many of the stories are recalled in Welsh folklore and tell of cattle that produced plentiful milk supplies for anyone who was in need of sustenance. Those who tried to capture one of the cattle were often thwarted and thankfully so, as it was also believed that the only reason the cattle would no longer give milk would be due to humankind growing greedy. Folklore tells of a butcher who tried to slaughter a cow but as he raised his hand the whole arm became paralysed. A person called the 'green lady' came to the cow's rescue and the animal escaped to the waters of Llyn Bafrog, and the cow swam away never to be seen in the community again.

And from the WFRM News archives of 05/26/06 (Kane County, Pennsylvania):

"Troopers here are also investigating some cattle rustling going on in the Harrison Valley area. On May 10th or 11th, someone took a black and brown cow from a pasture on the William Vanetten farm located along Whites Corners Road. The cow was valued at $800. Then, Tuesday night or early Wednesday, thieves entered barns owned by Calvin McCutcheon on the Harrison Fox Hill road and Thomas Kibbe on the Iva Jen Road and removed some calves. Two of them were black and white and one was all black. They are valued at a total of $1900 and anyone who can provide police with information is asked to call the local barracks at 274-8690"

They say a picture is worth a thousand words; couldn't find a picture, so I posted a thousand words instead.
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2006
    Options
    the things I waste my time on !

They say a picture is worth a thousand words; couldn't find a picture, so I posted a thousand words instead.

YCMU (You Crack Me Up) LOL
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2006
    Options
    Hahahahaha...nice acronym, lol.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Posts: 636
    edited October 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    ...though technically a black/brown/white is just as unique...

Not quite what you want, but she's all yours for only $1,500 :)

Cinnamon Stick is a very flashy tri-colored cow. She is a good mother and an excellent milk producer. She passes this flashy color on to her calves, all of whom so far have been tri-colored.

http://taylorlonghorns.com/brood_3_7%20year/individual__3_7/3_7_cinnamonstick.htm
    Win7 Media Center -> Onkyo TXSR702 -> Polk Rti70